Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.In Report i haaad declared the parameter only.In selection screen i hadn't given the input value directly i will execute the report what will be happen?

2.In Report i haaad declared the select-options only.In selection screen i hadn't given the input value directly i will execute the report what will be happen?

3.What is the version management?use

4.for all enteries command expiain briefly

5Select single and select up to 1 row explain briefly

6.synchoronous and asychoronous difference?

7.In Bdc 10 records is thereIn pgm loop at itab to endloop.But in the transaction I'st record only display remain records not display what will be happen?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. nothing happens program runs and output is displayed according to select statement

2.nothing happens program runs and output is displayed according to select statement.

3.Version management serves different purposes and user groups:

1.The developer can keep track of his or her work ("What have I changed?")

2.The developer can restore a previous version by reactivating it.

3.The system administrator can monitor work ("Which objects were changed and how in a specific time interval?")

4.It provides a basis for any auditor who requires a complete history of changes.

5.It enables customers to use the system to adjust data after they have upgraded to a new release.

You can access version management from the following:

Object Navigator (SE80)

Transport Organizer (SE09)

Display and maintenance transactions for Repository objects.

4.The FOR ALL ENTRIES is only better, if the join has problems to determine the correct access path. In joins the database optimizer has to decide which table should be taken first with which index. In the first access the WHERE condition is exploited. For the next access additional information is added from the second table exploiting the ON condition and the WHERE condition. If the optimzer can not determine the correct access, because it misjudges the selectivity, then a FOR ALL ENTRIES can be faster. In the FOR ALL ENTRIES, you must program the correct order, selective access first, less selective later. This problem becomes more probable if more tables are involved in the join.

But very often it is possible to influence the optimizer decision by database hints.

Therefore you should always check the join performance with the SQL trace and if there is a problem try to optimize the join. Only if nothing helps, then you should switch to the FOR ALL ENTRIES, but you will need the analysis anyway, otherwise you will not know how to program the FOR ALL ENTRIES.

Thomas is right, in the case of buffered tables you should not use join.

But you should also not use FOR ALL ENTRIES, in the case of buffered tables it is perfectly o.k., if you use nested selects!

Select single gets the unique record for a where clause.

select up to gets the first of available ones.

select single expects all the key fields to be passed.

select up to doesn't need all the keys.

Also please check this link.

http://sap-img.com/abap/difference-between-select-single-and-select-upto-one-rows.htm

6. asynchronous wil not wait for process ro complete

synchronous will wait process to complete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Please reward points if it is useful to u.

in reports u declared the input values for selection screen in intialization it takes that input values.

if the input value is field we should declare the input r else it shows the eror message in the status bar.

it doesnt take the output values from database, y because u rnot retreving data from the data base. so how can it display data.

version management means it controls the process r upgradation . it is mainly used at devlopment system quality system and production sytem. for that system we should synch the three systems,r otherwise there is a big problem at production system, all data to be collapsed. so we should take care abt version management while we r delivering the project. in mean while we want to modify in production system it should be done in both the systems.

for this we should see in se09 and se10 tcodes.

for all entries

we want to retrieve dat from two r more tables at that we should take this vommand along with the select stament.

by using this we can increase the performance. while we r reteiveng the data at that time internal table should not be empty, if it is empty it takes all the record from database. and the same time we shoult take the key fields while we r retieving the data

it is more performed than joins.

Select single * and upto one row

here upto 1 row is much faster than select single * ,but it doesnt bother abt the primary key fields, so it takes much time, we shouldnot get actual output fastly.

whereas select single* it is based on the primary key field.

by using primary key field we can get the data easily from the database. it reduces the burden of the data base.

so we should use select single *.

synchronus and asynchronus

synchronus means it is a two way process, it means we send the data from source system to target system at that after recieving the record then it immedieately sends the acknowledmnet to the source sytem then it will send another record this is the process of synchronus.

Asynchronus means it is one way process

for ex while we r sending data from source system to target system at that time the sending ssytem bothers about the record. it doesnt wait for acknowledgment. it sends another record.

this is the process

y because there is an error in that record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayreddy,

This is kiran kumar.G(working on SAP).I will clarify ur doubts one by one.ok...

If u r satisfy with my answer give me the REWARD POINTS.

1.U HAVE A PARAMETER IN THE SELECTION SCREEN AND U DOESN'T GIVE THE INPUT AND EXECUTE UR PROGRAM?

A.If u dont mention INPUT parameters in the selection-screen and u exectute ur program u doesn't get any output.

2. U HAVE A SELECT-OPTIOSNS IN THE SELECTION SCREEN AND U DOESN'T GIVE THE INPUT AND EXECUTE UR PROGRAM?

A.If u dont mention INPUT parameters in the selection-options in the selection-screen and u execute ur program u will get all possible values according to the select-options parameters.we will get a very lengthy output.

check it once

3.what is version management?

A. I will expalain this question with example ok..

First u write one small report in that report u have to print

some thing just WRITE "GOOD MORNING", and u

execute ur program .ok...once again u can add some

code to the report for example WRITE :"HAVE A NICE

DAY".and execute ur program once again .

Finally u goto SE09 OR SE10 transaction code and

and execute it, u will get ur original program and changed progrm at what time and what date and what is the code u have to add and entire details will be displayed.

4.FOR ALL ENTRIES ?

A. Generally FOR ALL ENTRIES is used whenever if u want to join more than 3 tables.It is not good programming style use joins for joining more than two tables .At that time u have to use FOR ALL ENTRIES.

5.SELECT SINGLE UPTO 1 ROW.

A.In ur database if u r having duplicate values in the database at that time if u use SELECT SINGLE UPTO 1 ROW u will get the first record among those duplicates.

6.SYNCHRONOUS AND ASYNCHRONUS?

A. Syn means whenever the transaction is fully completed then only updations will be effect where as in ASYNCH when that particular phase is is completed the DATABASE IS UPDATED.

EX: U CAN SEE THESE THINGS IN BDC PROGRAMING..

Regards,

Kiran Kumar.G