Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#ABAP_TRIAL - Starting Startup Agent sapstartsrv FAIL: Timeout

LinkinP
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am unable to start the ABAP trail instance that I installed on my virtual machine.

I am using OpenSUSE Leap 15 on the Oracle Virtual Box and from the root I typed the following commands

1. su npladm

2. startsap all

But I get the following error

Any suggestions what could possible be going on here ?

8 REPLIES 8

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You have to start the database first .

Once DB started please check connectivity using R3trans-d if it return 0000.

It means connection is working between DB and ABAP.

then you can start ABAP using startsap all

Best Regards,

Atul

0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thank you for looking into my issue.

Instead of startsap all ,I tried running the command startsap under the admin id but it still returns the same error.

Do you think there is any other process, I am following the steps listed in this blog

LinkinP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Adding julie.plummer .. Can you throw some light on this issue please ?

I found this thread which seems to provide some idea but I don't know how to proceed.

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Linkin,

Can you please check R3trans -d and provide output for same.

Also provide output for startsap_ASCS01.log

Best Regards,

Atul

0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Here is what I get when I execute R3trans -d

and following is the output of startsap_ASCS01.log

LinkinP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Updating my findings.

I found this note 1762827 which talks about the issue. According to the note I executed the command /usr/sap/NPL/ASCS01/exe/sapstartsrv pf= /usr/sap/NPL/SYS/profile/NPL_ASCS01_vhcalnplci

and I get the following error : error while loading shared libraries

Any idea what this means

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Linkin,

I have asked internally, but cannot promise an answer, since, as Mathew says, support for non customers and partners is Community only.

A few points in the meantime:

1. Have you tried the Docker approach: https://www.itsfullofstars.de/?p=3373 (for some reason, I can't create this as a hyperlink 😞 ).

(I understand you are running openSuse Leap 15. Officially, we have only tested on 42.3 . (15 is newer, but does not have the certification for the SLES version.) . Others have installed successfully on Leap 15: (see https://blogs.sap.com/2018/06/10/installing-netweaver-dev-edition-with-ifconfig-considered-harmful-o...so it is unlikely that this is causes your problem, but it has not been tested by us.)

2. You should not have to start the DB manually. "startsap all" should be sufficient.

3. I googled "libsapnwrfc.so" and got this: https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/3824136 . Does this help?

I am sorry you have experienced these difficulties, but yours is the first case I have seen with this specific error.

Best wishes,

Julie.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you have tried the above without success, I cannot provide one-to-one support, but you could run some commands and post the output here.

It appears from the output that „startdb completed successfully…” . If you run:

su npladm

startsap

ps -ef | grep sybnpl

you should see several processes, eg the process dataserver . Here is mine:

sybnpl 5076 5074 71 11:41 ? 00:01:37 /sybase/NPL/ASE-16_0/bin/dataserver -d/sybase/NPL/sybsystem/master.dat -e/sybase/NPL/ASE-16_0/install/NPL.log -c/sybase/NPL/ASE-16_0/NPL.cfg -M/sybase/NPL/ASE-16_0 -N/sybase/NPL/ASE-16_0/sysam/NPL.properties -i/sybase/NPL -sNPL

So there may be an issue with sapstartsrv .

You tried to start this manually and received errors : “errors while loading shared libraries…”

That suggests that there is an issue with your environment.

To test the connection with R3trans, you need to log on with npladm and change to a directory where you have write rights, eg /usr/sap/NPL.

You need to run these commands and post the output here:

su npladm

bash

cd /usr/sap/NPL

id

pwd

R3trans -d

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<path>

(You will find the correct path in the file /usr/sap/sapservices . Here is mine:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/sap/NPL/ASCS01/exe:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

/usr/sap/NPL/ASCS01/exe/sapstartsrv pf=/usr/sap/NPL/SYS/profile/NPL_ASCS01_vhcalnplci -D -u npladm ).

This may provide some clues to the Community.

Best wishes Julie.