Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Debugger: assign user to external breakpoint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, when I assign different users to an external breakpoint the program still stops when it is executed with the "original" user which is not assigned to the BP anymore. Has anybody any solution for this behavior?

The procedure I use is the following: SE80-> utilities -> settings -> debugging.

FYI: The message in the status line shows the correct user when the external BP is created.

thanks a lot in advance and best regards,

Flo

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friend,

Just save the program once so that all the break points in the program will be deleted then check the program again.

Because you may have created any external breakpoints unknowingly. So try to do that and see it will work hopefully.

Thanks,

Sri Hari.

0 Kudos

hi Sri,

unfortunately, this does not solve the problem. i tried several possibilities to delete all BP, save and start the program again, debug totally different programs....the situation is always the same.

Do you have other ideas why this is not working properly?

Thx

Flo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You delete all the BPs and activate again. then it will work.

Regards

Pavan

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

still not working - unfortunately.

Best,

Flo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friend,

Goto Utilities in that you have options called Break Points and external break points. Just check that and see whether the break point table is clear or not.

Else check whether have you set the match point or any other settings which can stop the program.

I think the program stops because there must be any thing set by you unknowingly so try to check that. Don't think that break point is the only option to stop the code and work in that perspective.

Still your problem persists again post.

Thanks,

Sri Hari