Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP CRM issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear All,

Thank you for your attention. Here I have a requirement, when change data of Installed Base or its conponment in WEB UI, without click 'SAVE' or 'CANCELL' button, sometimes user would like to click button 'BACK' directly. Here we want to add some logic when click on 'BACK' and choose 'YES', it logic is failed, we want to prevent user to save it and get error message.

I find BADI IBASE_SAVE, its method IF_EX_BADI_IBASE_SAVE_CHCK~CHECK_SAVE has an exception IB_CHECK_NOT_SUCCESSFUL, so I put the logic, if the logic failed, I raise the exception, but in WEB UI, when we execute this statement, it dump. It confused me that what does this BADI used for.

Does anyone could give me any hints if there is any BADI that I could use? Thank you so much.

BR

Jay

7 REPLIES 7

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please attach the dump.

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I uploaded the screen shot of dump. do you have any idea? Thank you.

BR

Jay

0 Kudos

Fan Yang,

Please check BADIs related to Product save.
That should meet your requirement.

Thanks
- Mark

Himayatullah
Active Participant
0 Kudos

can you please share dump screenshot to see the error description?

BR/Himayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Fan,

First of all, Why would you not want a message like this. Because this message makes total sense. If a person incorrectly puts some wrong information & does a back. The wrong information would get saved without any prompt. This is how each application from Microsoft office to any other application works.

BTW, you should go to the event handler method for 'BACK' button. This method has the logic to call the pop up. You can either disable the pop up from here andf write your preffered logic. Or you can check the input of the pop up and perform any operation you like.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi Katyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi Dear All,

I happened to find note 2279667. I will try to see if it could fix the dump. I will update with you. Thank you.

BR

Jay