Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP communication layer is not configured properly. (M1 Mac)

ahmeterturk
Explorer

Hi All,

I have installed Eclipse on my M1 chip MacBook Pro but it does not working properly. I installed Java. After that I installed Eclipse. I cannot use Eclipse properly, I cannot connect any system.

You can see java version as below

ahmeterturk@Ahmet-MacBook-Pro ~ % java --version
openjdk 17.0.1 2021-10-19
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Homebrew (build 17.0.1+1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Homebrew (build 17.0.1+1, mixed mode, sharing)

The Error(Also, I attached screenshot):

ABAP communication layer is not configured properly. Consult the installation guide or download page for further details.

JCo initialization failed with java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no sapjco3 in java.library.path: /Users/ahmeterturk/Library/Java/Extensions:/Library/Java/Extensions:/Network/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java:.

My system info:

• MacBook Pro M1 Chip
  • Eclipse IDE for Java Developers (includes Incubating components)
    Version: 2021-12 (4.22.0) Build id: 20211202-1639

How can I solve that issue?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ysoethoff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

based on the error message it looks like you are using the AArch64 / ARM version of Eclipse. ADT is currently not ARM ready, therefore you have to use the x86_64 build of Eclipse (Eclipse 2021-12: https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/2021-12/r/eclipse-ide-java-developers)

Side note: The Eclipse packages are using there own pre-packed JVM, that means, per default it is not using your system JVM. Further information can be found here: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3035242

Thanks and kind regards,
Yannic

10 REPLIES 10

ysoethoff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

based on the error message it looks like you are using the AArch64 / ARM version of Eclipse. ADT is currently not ARM ready, therefore you have to use the x86_64 build of Eclipse (Eclipse 2021-12: https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/2021-12/r/eclipse-ide-java-developers)

Side note: The Eclipse packages are using there own pre-packed JVM, that means, per default it is not using your system JVM. Further information can be found here: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3035242

Thanks and kind regards,
Yannic

0 Kudos

yannic.soethoff

Thank you so much for your answer. I have solved the issues with your answer. I really appreciate.

Regards

Ahmet Erturk

0 Kudos

Hi Yannic,

is it still the case that only x86_64 version of Eclipse works for ADT on a M1?

Thanks and Cheers,

Martin

ysoethoff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

yes, this is still the case.
But, we made some good progress and an internal beta is already running. So it should be released soon.

Kind regards,
Yannic

0 Kudos

Hi Yannic,

Looking forward to ARM version of ADT. Currently I am trying Eclipse on Macbook Air with M2. I have x86_64 Eclipse, SapGUI780 and JavaFX all in x86_64 version. Embedded GUI windows are running well in Eclipse, however I am experiencing issues with PDF preview and print. In standalone SapGUI it's fine but in Eclipse I get only pdf controls but no preview. And when trying to go to settings and printing I get this Error:

Whole error:

java.lang.ClassCastException: class com.sap.platin.base.printing.CupsPrintingModel cannot be cast to class com.sap.platin.base.printing.GuiPrintingModel (com.sap.platin.base.printing.CupsPrintingModel is in unnamed module of loader com.sap.platin.micro.MicroURLClassLoader @17001d79; com.sap.platin.base.printing.GuiPrintingModel is in unnamed module of loader com.sap.platin.micro.MicroURLClassLoader @712d3ea0)

at: com.sap.platin.base.printing.GuiPrintingModel.getPrintingModel(GuiPrintingModel.java:79)

at: com.sap.platin.base.preference.views.PrintingView.initComponents(PrintingView.java:130)

at: com.sap.platin.base.preference.views.basics.AbstractViewComponent.initView(AbstractViewComponent.java:189)

at: com.sap.platin.base.preference.util.PrefViewFactory.getView(PrefViewFactory.java:300)

at: com.sap.platin.base.preference.util.PrefViewFactory.getItemInstance(PrefViewFactory.java:257)

at: com.sap.platin.base.preference.util.PrefFrameHandler$ViewLoadThread$1.run(PrefFrameHandler.java:541)

at: java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:308)

at: java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:771)

at: java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:722)

at: java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:716)

at: java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:399)

at: java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)

at: java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:741)

at: com.sap.platin.micro.event.GuiEventQueue.dispatchEvent(GuiEventQueue.java:110)

at: java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)

at: java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)

at: java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)

at: java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)

at: java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)

at: java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)

Any idea what this might be and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Miroslav

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way you can provide the resolution you performed to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos

you can use the Intel Version of Eclipse. Then it will work.

I created an idea on influence.sap.com so may SAP will support ARM in the future.

0 Kudos

Hi Selvakumar,

Sorry for the late reply 😞
As Florian Kube mentioned, you should choose correct version of Eclipse for your computer. In my question, I was installed wrong version. That is why I was facing with the error.

Regards

Florian_Kube
Participant
0 Kudos

I added an improvment request. You may want to vote for it.

Improvement Request Details - Customer Influence (sap.com)

0 Kudos

Thanks for the request! I'm currently stuck at the attached error (eclipse on Intel and Java GUI 7.80 on M1) when I try to open the GUI from within eclipse. Are you having the same issue?screenshot-2022-09-23-at-111700.png