Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a upper/lower sensitive problem on RFC call

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, everyone.

Maybe it is not the proper forum to discuss this topic, but I think the ABAP programinig Forum is the best forum in SDN, which has the most vistors.

So please help me solve this problem, if possible.

I meet a problem on RFC call through dotnet connector.

There is a RFC deploy on the R3 server.

And a portal application using dotnet connector to call the RFC from web side.

The problem is when input some string like 'AbCdEf' from web side, transfer to the sap side, the RFC always get the string like 'ABCDEF'.

I think it dues to the auto upper convert by the RFC call, and if in SE37, we can check the upper/lower box to solve it.

But how can I solve it in this portal case?

Can I get original string in the RFC side?

How we can get the string as the original content 'AbCdEf' in RFC side?

any suggestion is welcome,

and I'm waitting for your answer, thanks a lot

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check the parameter (datatype) of the rfc function. The domain behind the field should allow lower case letters.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi zhenglin,

To expand on what Siggi said, fields in the structures of your RFC parameters are based on data elements which in turn are based on domains.

An attribute on the domain is "Lowercase'. Unless this is checked, the field will always be treated as uppercase, and you will get the effect you described.

Please check the domain of the field in question, to ensure that the "lowercase" flag is checked.

Cheers,

Brad

0 Kudos

You can check the domain for an RFC parameter field by double clicking on the reference structure in SE37. This will take you to the display structure screen (SE11). From here double click on the corresponding component type to get to the data element, and then double click on the domain to get to the display domain.

Brad

0 Kudos

.. and in addition. If you are referring to a standard field, don't change it, create your own if possible.

regards

Siggi

0 Kudos

If you still have problems, check also the conversion routine on the domain. Double click on this to display the function module code.

Brad

Message was edited by: Brad Williams

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank for your help

I have create a demo RFC and using the lowercase checked.

But I can't confirm the effect of it, as I only develop the SAP side.

Maybe tomorrow, I will let the developer of website to try it.

If the test is successful, I will remark this topic to be solved.

Thanks a lot