Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A command sent to the repository proxy failed. 08S01 SQLSTATE

0 Kudos

Hello, we are using PowerDesigner 16.6 SP07 (64-bit) - Vesion 16.6.7.0 (6002). It is configured to use a proxy. Yesterday it was working fine, but today everyone who tries to use it has the same problem. To the best of our knowledge, nothing was changed between yesterday and today.

We can logon to the repository and view items with no problem. But when trying to check out a model, we get the following error:

A command sent to the repository proxy failed. 08S01 (SQLSTATE [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Communication link failure)
Query: delete from #PMTMP4 where SESS=nnnnnnnnnn

The 'About' button says: PowerDesigner EnterpriseArchitect Floating on <servername>. The <servername> pings ok, I assume this is the license server.

- Does the error mean the proxy can't communicate with the hosting server? Or the license server?

- Is there a way, without being an admin, to determine what server is hosting the connection?

We're trying to determine where the problem lies, but we're a little hobbled since our PowerDesigner admin is on vacation out of the country without her laptop.

2 REPLIES 2

AlexGourdet
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions.

As you're looking to get most out of your community membership, please consider include a profile picture to increase user engagement & additional resources to your reference that can really benefit you:

I hope you find this advice useful, and we're happy to have you as part of SAP Community!

All the best,

Alex

0 Kudos

I'm sorry nobody was able to answer my question. We eventually figured out how to fix this.

Something changed, we think it was a change to TLS 1.2, which caused the ODBC driver to fail (we had a very old 10.x driver installed). We installed a newer ODBC driver, and configured it to 'use strong encryption' and 'trust server certificate' and things are working again.

I found an article that said the older clients assume encryption is off by default, and newer clients assume encryption is on by default.