Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 execute buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I found 2 types of execute buttons. Can you plese let me know the difference between these 2 buttons.

First button: On SE38 screen I found it(F8).

Second : By entering report name and click on Display button, I will enter into the report screen. Here a separate button for executing the report.

The purpose of both the bottons is same it seems.

Can you please let me know the difference between these two.

Thanks and Regards,

Balakrishna.N

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no real difference between the two. Its just the flexibility of the abap editor that the report can be executed either in the initial screen itself by just entering the report name or in display mode or in change mode.

Regards,

Vikranth

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no real difference between the two. Its just the flexibility of the abap editor that the report can be executed either in the initial screen itself by just entering the report name or in display mode or in change mode.

Regards,

Vikranth

0 Kudos

Hi Vikranth, thank you very much for your quick reply.

When there is no difference, then why do we need 2 different buttons. Why don't we use the same button at both the places.

(Ofcourse it is made my SAP).

Thanks and Regards,

Balakrsihna.N

0 Kudos

Hello Balakrishna,

The execute button you see in the first screen refers to a transaction or selection-screen oriented execute button. Which means that the execute will directly lead to the result.

You can see the same kind of execute icon on most of the direct transactions and selection screens.

The execute button you see when you display the report, refers that its not a direct execution but instead will take you to the respective transaction or selection screen.

Its just to differentiate this they are using two icons for execute button

Hope you are clear now

Regards,

Vikranth

0 Kudos

Thank you Vikranth.

sreeramkumar_madisetty
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no Difference at all.This is just a Flexibility given by SAP.

First button: On SE38 screen I found it(F8).

It will directly Leads u to the selection-screen of the Report.

Second : By entering report name and click on Display button.

It will leads to inspect the code inside the Report.

If u satisfy with the code/logic, by pressing F8 u can get the same effect as above.

To understand this in much more better way:

take SE11 and by enter table name and F7 u will see the contents there and by pressing F8 u will get the data of the table.

Same using SE16 directly by entering the table name and press F8 will get the data of the table.

In both case u can't restrict the data by selection-parameters if u press F8 directly.

Regards,

Sreeram

Edited by: Sreeram Kumar Madisetty on Sep 11, 2009 8:49 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Sriram kumar, can you please see my reply to Vikranth answer.

Thanks and Regards,

Balakrishna.N