cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Negative values are entering in to fact table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

After Data File uploaded. The Fact table is showing Negative values.

Can any body give solution.

And in DataManager->Financial Process>FX Restatament (Is running Succussfully)

But Currency is not getting translated.

Please help.

Thanks,

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason the values are negative may be caused by 2 items. The first is the default method by which BPC store information; BPC is designed to store values based on the natural sign. So, if a Revenue account is positive in the Data File, and the Property "ACCTTYPE" is INC, the value is stored as a negative number. When an expense value is loaded to an account with "EXP", the value is stored as a positive. LEQ are Negative and AST are positive. (CREDITS and DEBITS storage)

BPC then uses tables and measures to report the account based on type correctly in the Excel interface. This is how BPC is designed.

There is also the CREDITPOSITIVE = YES / NO that is part of the Data Transformation instructions, and if this is setup incorrectly, you may store the reverse signs from the data file that is loaded. So this may need to be reviewed as well.

As for the FXTranslation, I assume you have rates in the RATE cube to use in the translation process. You will need to verify that the RATETYPE property is filled in for the accounts you wish to translate? DId you process the FX script logic and the RATE script logic prior to running FX.

Hope this helps.

Edited by: Petar Daniel on Dec 10, 2008 2:20 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish-A good instance of negative values flowing in could be dependant on the account types that is been set(EXP,INC) ..For the package -what is the log stating?

regards

shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

I am new to BPC. I am working on Financial Projects on BPC.

I need you help. Can you give me your gmailID.

MyGmailID: satish.mba.sap

Thanks,

Satish.