Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to maximize a sap gui window that contains an activeX control

younes_talha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am currently looking for a way to maximize a sap gui window that contains an activeX control, meaning that the gui passes to the frontend. For that I need some identificator or signature of the Windows frame containing the sap gui running my program.

I looked into the CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES class in vain.

Could someone please help me.

Thank you.

Younes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

younes_talha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Thank you for your reply. In fact it is not our own ActiveX. It is being developped by a third company. It is used in the Interaction Center client (CRM) framework in order to cummunicate with a telephony application.

Sometimes the CRM user is waiting for calls and thus may be working on other applications.

The customer wants a way to make the IC window passing to the foreground an automatic task anytime a call arrives.

The company which is developping the ActiveX control needs us to make the window handle (hWnd identifier)of the window running the IC session available. The ABAP program will just send to the ActiveX control this handle

and the job will be done by the external application that communicate through the activeX with the SAP GUI.

So my question is do you know how to get the windows identifier for a window running an ABAP dialog program.

Regards

Younes

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Younes,

it seems there is no way to get the window handle on the backend. Maybe the ActiveX developer can determine it. If the control runs in the same thread or is at least a child of the main window you want to maximize then it should be easy to get it. Is either of this the case?

Best regards,

Christian

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Younes,

could you please explain a bit more what you are trying to do?

Is this your own ActiveX? Do you need to execute the maximize call from the server, or could you do it locally from a script or from your ActiveX?

Best regards,

Christian