cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User gets blank excel within SAP on export

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have had this issue for awhile and the fix was always to change the Trust Center center settings to Enable Trust Center Logging and to Enable the Developer Macro Setting to "Trust access to the VBA project object mode".  I have now run into a user where that fix doesn't work.

I had the user log onto SAP from my machine and try to export.  He didn't have the issue.  The export worked as it should.  We compare all his Excel settings with mine.  They matched up.  He still gets a blank excel document within SAP on his machine.

We are both on Windows 7, Excel 2007 and SAP GUI 730.

Any suggestions.

Eli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excel Macro settings can be reviewed in SAP Note 696069 version 5 validity date 7/18/2013.

This correction came out in Core Patch 3 of SAP GUI 7.30

OFFI: Blank Excel sheet is displayed with inplace rendering, note 1804535

SAP Note 1777881 - OFFI:Excel inplace document is displayed as empty

SAP Note 1725474 - OFFI: Excel inplace functionality won't work in SAP GUI 7.30

What Component Version is SAP_BASIS?  The reason I ask is Microsoft Excel 2007 Mainstream Support ended 10/9/2012.  Service Pack Support End date was 1/13/2009. So you may be encountering a Desktop Office Integration, DOI, issue with older Microsoft Office products running on Windows 7.

I would recommend running the GUI Installation Check on the PC having the issue and compare it to the PC where it is running properly.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan.  I'm not on the Basis team.  I will run this by them and see if they see anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's what I have:

Release:  730 Final Release

File Version: 7300.1.0.1074

Build: 1337608

Patch Level: 0

User isn't in yet.  Will check when he gets in.  What should we have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd always suggest to update to the latest version (currently PL 7).

Furthermore: Do you both have MS Office 32bit installed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

we both have 32 bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

User has patch level 0. This is so strange.  I have all the same settings and mine works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you two have the same patch level of SAP GUI 7.30? Some issues occured with lower PL iirc.

Hope this helps,

Jann