cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The wrong forum???

Former Member
0 Kudos

The forum is named as CPM, but the stickies ARE COMPLETELY OUT OF THEME!!!

From Prakash sticking message -- the forum is dedicated to

<i>"SAP BPC 5.0 (formerly Outlooksoft), SAP Strategy Management (formerly Pilot), and Acorn (SAP's Profitability Management reseller agreement)"

</i>

From the Craig's cticky -- it's an <i>Enterprise Services Architecture Forum</i>!

Neither of them resembles me SEM-BCS (Business Consolidation) or SEM-CPM (Corporate Performance Management).

Is it I who became so stupid and don't see the obvious things, or we are talking about the completely different things???

Pracash and Craig, maybe you posted your stickies into wrong forum?

Or this forum has nothing to do with SAP SEM-BCS and SAP SEM-CPM???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Eugene,

Hope all is well.

Just to clarify for the forums:

The way I see it, I think these are approriate forums for different topics:

<u><b>SAP Solution -> ERP Financials Forum</b></u>

- SAP Financial Components

Based on SDN community feedback, BCS topics hadn't had a home so we moved them officially to the new CPM forum.

<u><b>Business Process Expert - Corporate Performance Management Forum</b></u> - New SAP CPM components

- SAP BPC (Outlooksoft)

- SAP SSM (Pilot)

- SAP BPM (Acorn)

- SEM-BCS

- SEM Miscellaneous

- Balanced Scorecard

- Management Cockpit

- Value Driver Trees

- Roadmap, Etc...

I've recently started working with these topics, and I plan on encouraging our developers from the Outlooksoft and Pilot acquisitions to actively monitor this forum. This product line and the expertise around these products are currently different from the Business Planning and Financials forums, so we wanted to make sure we can address these questions directly and share knowledge in this area. These companies had their own customer bases as well which can contribute to the wealth of knowledge on these software components and share their experience with SAP customers. Additionally, the old SEM-CPM (Balanced Scorecard/Management Cockpit) really never had a home on SDN, so I'd like to have those questions posted here as they are going to be tightly related to the roadmap questions between these SEM-CPM products and the newer SAP Strategy Management products.

Lately, there has has been a lot of emails coming to my and my colleagues inbox around these new CPM topics, so therefore I thought a forum for this would be great.

<u><b>Business Intelligence - Business Planning Forum</b></u>

- BI-IP

- BW-BPS

- SEM-BPS

These topics refer to our current planning implementations of BI-IP and BPS. Any technical implementation questions about these topics should go in this forum as the experts in this area will be checking this forum.

I hope that does an adequate job of addressing what goes where. I'll be watching all three forums pretty actively to help clear up any questions or confusion. Thanks for the post as I'm sure other people probably had the same confusion around the topics. If you have any suggestions around this, let me know as I'm more than open to a better way of organizing this if you have thoughts...

Cheers,

Prakash

Message was edited by:

Prakash Darji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thank you for your comments.

I see a contradiction between your allocation of modules. Especially, SEM-BCS, BPS and BPC.

BPC deals with planning (the old SAP BPS) and consolidation (the old SAP SEM-BCS). So, there is a place for BPC in a new forum. Not for BCS and BPS? While Business Planning is almost exclusively dedicated to BPS, SEM-BCS has no place (including wiki) for its materials. It's simply outlawed!

Do you think it's just?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

I think specifically for BCS, Prakash was just suggesting to keep it in ERP Financials as there is already a history there with questions being answered.

However, it was just a guideline, and you are more than welcome to post any SEM questions, including BCS, here as well.

Regards,

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Eugene,

I agree that there is overlap from a functional perspective between BPC and SEM-BCS. However, the technical skills for each solution are a little different, and therefore I thought that since BCS already had a home in ERP Financials, we wouldn't change that. If you have another proposal, I'm very interested in hearing it. We can move BCS here, but then we'd probably have to migrate all the BCS posts here so everything is in this one forum around CPM topics. Let me know your thoughts and then I'll go talk to our colleagues in ERP Financials to gather their thoughts as well...

Cheers,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

It's not a problem for me to find a place where the questions that I'm interested in are located. Moreover, that I more used to answer the questions, not ask them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

BCS HAS NO HOME!!! BCS-related questions were posted approximately equaly in ERP Financials and in ALL BI forums. Some even apperead in Suggestions forum.

NO PLACE WAS DEDICATED TO SEM-BCS!

That's why this proposal abt SEM-BCS forum/wiki was raised.

So, there is no special considerations about transferring ALL THE HUGE AMOUNT OF INFORMATION abt BCS from ERP Financials to somewhere else.

Business Consolidation functionality is as much important and complex as this in BPC, I quess.

So, do you prefer to outlaw it, or to foster it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

I can see from your Forum Points you are someone answering questions...

We will investigate making this the official forum for BCS and let you know.

Rgds,

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Eugene,

Based on yours and other people's requests, we are going to use this new CPM forum for SEM-BCS topics going forward. I'll work on moving the old BCS posts to this new forum.

Cheers,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

It's really a great news. Thank you!

Best regards,

Eugene

Answers (0)