cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub folders cause import errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I place a transformation or conversion file in the BPC default folder, it runs fine. If I create subfolders so that I can organize all the transformation and conversion files we will have, they fail.

This is the error:

The transformation file does not exist.[D:\BPC\Data\WebFolders\AES\LEGAL\DataManager\TransformationFiles\D:\BPC\Data\WebFolders\AES\Global_AES_Transformation_Template.xls]

Essentially it doubles up on the file reference.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks

Edited by: Tara Sitaram on Nov 16, 2008 12:36 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tara,

What version of BPC / SQL are you running?

I'd suspect something about a reserved keyword in your subfolder name. It's being replaced by the %APPPATH% dynamic constant.

Turn on debugging of the import package: eData --> Organize Package List --> select your package, right-click, modify package --> view package button --> advanced, remove the commenting single quote in front of DEBUG(ON)

Then run the package, and examine the debug log found in webfolders\appset\app\privatepublications\your user ID\temp\

If you don't spot the error, post the complete debug log here.

Regards,

Tim

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were not very specific with security - just one team of users with everyone having the same level to pretty much everything. So I did not see how it could be a security issue.

However, I went through the security for the application without changing anything..just reapplied the same security that existed. And voila! it worked.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the BPC server's sharing security?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm afraid this is not the answer!

Does someone else out there have any other suggestion?

Thank you

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tara,

I suggest you check the directory on the server. If the transformation file is on your server, then check the "security--Team" using SAP BPC Administration because it is determine the directory will be access by certain user.

Thanks,

Wandi Sutandi