cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSID Package for BPC - error on SQL server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have a dual server implementation (SQL server and and IIS server) - the BPC SQL tasks are registered on both servers and I can create an SSID package on the IIS server using the tasks - but not on the SQL server ! I get the message :

Cannot create a task with the name osoft.services.application.datamgr.task.ssidadmin ..... Verify that the name is correct.

Does anyone know what my issue is ?

Thanks

Si.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

HTG regarding SSIS package refer only to computers where SAP BPC was installed (application servers). That's because some of dll has to be registered using regsrv32.

Any of BPC task can be executed only from BPC application server not from other computer.

So you have to use an application server for development of custom DTS.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok - thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you running SQL Server 64 bits? If so SSIS on SQL Server box is also 64 and you cannot install BPC tasks there as they are 32-bits only.

If running SQL Server 32 bits try to start SSIS service with the same credentials as the SAP BPC System user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paulo but no - Im not running 64 bit - and I have changed the credentials of the SSIS service - no change. FYI... the icons in Visual Studio are blue squares - so I think its more of the case that they arnt registered properly somehow.

Thanks

Si

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

How did you register the BPC tasks into DB box?

I think the problem is there. Into application server you have the dll registered and in that case you have just to add the tasks into SQL folder to be able to use them into packages.

But for sql server I think you just copy the dll which are not registered actually and of course you can see the tasks but you will not be able to use it.

Any way I suggest to use application server for development of custom packages because you will avoid problems like this.

Kind Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sorin,

I followed the OutlookSoft instructions for registering the DLLs in Visual Studio (copy dlls to sql server\dts\tasks) directory and then add them into Visual Studio.

How do I register them correctly on the SQL server then ? I have a basic Optimise package that doesnt work and I want to debug on the SQL server.

The error message of the task is :

Executed as user: TOREXWORLD\BPCSqlAdmin. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 9.00.3042.00 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 9:08:57 AM Error: 2009-03-02 09:08:58.40 Code: 0xC0010026 Source: Admin Task Description: The task has failed to load. The contact information for this task is "". End Error Error: 2009-03-02 09:08:58.42 Code: 0xC0024107 Source: Admin Task Description: There were errors during task validation. End Error Error: 2009-03-02 09:08:58.42 Code: 0xC0010025 Source: Package Description: The package cannot execute because it contains tasks that failed to load. End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 9:08:57 AM Finished: 9:08:58 AM Elapsed: 0.672 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.