Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI Post Installation Steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed SAP GUI6.40 successfully.

After installation I could see the shortcut created on my desktop.

But when I double click the icon,I can see only a blank window with Systems and Shortcuts tabs.

But when I went through the Help(By clicking F1),I was shown a screen with logon details which I dont get it.

Please let me know what could have gone wrong during the installation.

(I have installed WebAS and BW 3.5 Java components on my System.)

Regards,

Christian...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

you can enter the logon information when you create a new entry on the systems page.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not getting the 'New' option.When I righ click on the window i get only View and its submenus.

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

the 'New Entry' is a button in the SAPLogon dialog. Do you start SAPLogon.exe? I think there is a different executable SAPLGPad in which you are not allowed to add or change entries. This is used in cases where the admin provides the list of systems.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot find that exe anywhere in my installation folder.Where do I find that??

Regards

Christian..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you only have one shortcut, you probably do not have SAPLOGON installed. It depends on which components were installed, you may not have SAPLOGON installed. If you click on Start, Run and type SAPLOGON then press Enter, it will launch if it's installed. You can run SAPSETUP to get it if it's missing.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats right,

I had not selected the check box below the primary node.I thought that if we select the node,all the sub nodes will automatically be selected.But its not happening with this installer.Quite funny.Anyway thanks a lot.

Regards,

Christian..