cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC Vs SAP IP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are in a process of gathering requirements for a new analytical system for a client. The solution would be BI based and would be analytical in nature. Given the different functionalities the users would like, it seems to make a heavy use of Planning functionality. As BI-IP is going through a bit turbulent phase after Outlooksoft acquisition (the new BPC, as we know it), we are not sure which product (or tool) should we use to build the solution.

Could you please guide me as I hope you would have better visibility of how things are going in terms of SAP product map, in the planning aread?

1. What is the latest version of BPC available on date? (5.1 or 7)?

2. Which version should have intergration with SAP Netweaver and when is it planned to be launched?

3. If we were to use BPC for building our solution (thats what SAP recommends), how would we integrate

BI datamodel with BPC frontend? As far as I am aware, outlooksoft (BPC) has SQL server at the

backend.

4. Is there any documentation available on BPC that I could use at the moment?

5. Is there any direction in terms of how SAP plans to integrate BPC in the netweaver stack?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards,

Mukund.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. What is the latest version of BPC available on date? (5.1 or 7)?

The latest available for general use is 5.1 with Patch level 3.

2. Which version should have intergration with SAP Netweaver and when is it planned to be launched?

7 has integration with Netweaver. It goes into rampup in July. The expected general availability is around Jan 2009.

3. If we were to use BPC for building our solution (thats what SAP recommends), how would we integrate BI datamodel with BPC frontend? As far as I am aware, outlooksoft (BPC) has SQL server at the backend.

The 5.1 release is SQL specific. Integrating BI data model could mean a lot of things. You will have to elaborate.

4. Is there any documentation available on BPC that I could use at the moment?

There is a ton of documentation on 5.1 in sap service; and next to nothing on 7 (I don't have access).

http://service.sap.com/instguidescpm-bpc

and then select 5.1

5. Is there any direction in terms of how SAP plans to integrate BPC in the netweaver stack?

There are 3 elearning demos relating to 7. https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/50e76db5-874d-2a10-1abc-c757b... [original link is broken]

If you look at them carefully, you will understand how the integration is going to work.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your decision.