cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BOFC 7.5: Incorrect identity and wrong DCOM configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The following problem occured after the server installation of SAP BO Financial Consolidation 7.5:

When I try to migrate an existing database I receive this error:

Migration failed on data source ...

The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.

When I try to start a data source I receive this error:

Failed to start data source...

Failed to start server instances on machine...

Could not start the server because your configuration is incorrect. Please check your DCOM configuration.

I worked with the confirgarion of the BOFC 7.0 and with the SQL Server 2005. The services for the SQL Server are started and I can build up a connection to the SQL server.

I checked the installation guide and the administration guide already.

Because of that I changed the DbConnectionString from Provider=SQLOLEDB to Provider=SQLNCLI.1

Further on I checked the LocalPolicies.

Then I checked the properties of the service CtBroker: There are other tabs as in the admin guide mentioned. There is no security tab as a example.

I also noticed that the service CtServer is not listed in the overview of the services.

Because I'm not familiar with the SQL Server, BOFC or securtiy settings I don't know what I should do next? Could you help me?

Thanks. Fabian.

Edited by: Wolfgang Schütte-Felsche on Apr 6, 2011 10:12 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

madhumsr
Participant
0 Kudos

@Sébastien Courbe - Thanks.

Whenever I start Intercompany admin console. The Intercompany application pool is stopped. Can anyone assist? I also see service/server is too busy. I tried to increase the maxRequestLength string but it did not help me. Someone please assist. Thanks.

madhumsr
Participant
0 Kudos

@Sébastien Courbe - Thanks.

I am getting this instead of Dashboard. Can someone assist me please.

"Multiple / No Reporting ID are selected, the Dashboard is not available. Please select only one Reporting ID to get the Dashboard."

Former Member
0 Kudos

You most probably haven't select a reporting ID in the upper bar of the BFC desktop.

If the database is new, none have been created. Therefore if you want to test the dashboard, you will have to create one. You can do it from the select Reporting ID window. However please note that once created reporting IDs can not be deleted within BFC (you will have to execute SQL delete queries).

Regards.

madhumsr
Participant
0 Kudos

@Udo Lindemann

@Sébastien Courbe

Yes I somehow figured it to migrate the data and saw your mail's. Thanks for replying to my query. I would like to know if I want to install SAP EPM like Financial consolidation, Info Mang., Intercompany all can be on single machine or each should be installed on seperate system(server)? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if the EPM suite can be installed on a standalone machine (including the databases), it is not something I would recommend as you would experience severe performance issues.

Such installation should be more considered as a "demo install" that could be setup on a consultant laptop, for example. It should not be used in a real production environment.

Regards.

madhumsr
Participant
0 Kudos

Failed to start data source Finances.

Failed to start server instances on machine <servername>.

Failed to initialize server configured on machine <servername>.

The software version number (7.5.592.1021) and the database version number (0.0.0.0) are incompatible for schema 'MAG'. Please contact your system administrator.

Can someone assist me on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi madhumsr

It is nesseccary to migrate the data. In the admin console -- operation -- all tasks -- choose migrate and go for a coffee. In the resulting protocoll scroll down. If the last line contains a word like succeeded, start the data source. It should work now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you migrate the database within the BFC administration console ?

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find bellow a guidelines about the problems you are facing :

• You must have two distincts accounts : A windows account for running BFC services and process (also know as DCOM account) ; A SQL (or Oracle) account for the DB connectivity. Whereas, it is possible to connect to the SQL DB with a Windows account but I really don't recommend it ! Please use a native SQL account.

• For the service account (also know as the DCOM account) : Make sure that you use a windows DOMAIN account if you are installing BFC in multi-server architecture

• Make sure that under the Microsoft services list (services.msc), CtBroker should run with the DCOM account. CtController should run with the local system account.

• Make sure that under DCOM configuration (dcomcnfg command), you have the following settings :

- Default authentication level is set to none

- Default Impersonation level is set to Impersonate

- DCOM properties for the CtBroker should be configured with the DCOM user under Identity tab

- DCOM properties for the CtServer should be configured with the DCOM user under Identity tab

- DCOM properties for the CtController should be configured with the System account under Identity tab

- For all of them (CtBroker / CtController and CtServer), you should have ANONYMOUS ACCOUNT and EVERYONE under "Launch and activation Permission" and "Access Permissions" (this info is under Security tab of each component).

If you are installing the application under Windows 2008 (with or without R2) : Make sure that the default Windows Firewall is disabled and make sure that you run all setup as administrator without the UAC available (If you install with UAC ON, your install will be ok without error, but you will have big troubles with the software).

Also, for Support Packages, use a command prompt (cmd.exe run as Administrator), and execute the command msiexec /update *.msp. Same as above, without this, you could perform the installation without error but the software may not work.

Good luck !

Sébastien Michel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two users. One for the windows server and one for the SQL server. Is the windows user the DCOM account?

I executed dcomcnfg command and I checked the properties for CtBroker and CtController. But the tabs Identity are missing. Further on there is no service CtServer!?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by: Wolfgang Schütte-Felsche on May 10, 2011 7:04 PM

Edited by: Wolfgang Schütte-Felsche on May 10, 2011 7:05 PM

0 Kudos

The DCOM account is a Windows account. It's the account that you enter during the installation process of the application (one of the screen of the setup ask for a windows account and password).

About CtBroker / CtController and CtServer, it's very strange that you don't have an "Identity" tab.

You should have this type of screen when you edit their properties (http://www.bastools.com/catalyst/images/dcom8.gif)

CtServer is not a service, so it's normal that you don't find it in the Windows services list. It's just a process which is started by the application (like a deamon).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastien,

we have a SAP BFC 10 SP 14 platform.

So, could you tell me if there are any differences between 7.5 and 10 for DCOM configurations?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards.

Lorenzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is nessecary to have the same user which is in the database connection string mentioned as local user on the database server. Do you have this?

Edited by: Udo Lindemann on Apr 6, 2011 3:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have the same user for the database connection string as for the SQL Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning

Please check on application server the running services:

ctbroker: Starts automatic? Goto tab Log on - enter domain\username and password from connection string user

ctcontroller: Starts automatic? Goto tab Log on - enter domain\username and password from connection string user

Try to migrate database after restarting application server. What about your error messages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I still tried this with the windows user. It didn't help anything.

Just now I tried it with the user of the connection string and the SQL server (they are the same).

Unfortunately the following error message appears:

The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was the user from connection string created in SQL Server Management Studio (same username and password from connection string)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm not sure. But the connection string user also worked with the former version of BOFC (7.0).

Thanks.

Edited by: Wolfgang Schütte-Felsche on Apr 11, 2011 10:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it running now?

Maybe another approach: Type in an incorrect username / password in the connection string. If the same error message appears, you will know that you have a problem with the connecting user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately it isn't running.

I tried the approach with the wrong user. There are still the same error messages.

I found some hints in the installation guide of BOFC 7.5. The chapter What's new in version 7.5... contains new requirements for the database settings and the security mode. Could this be the problem?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If these hints will solve the problem, this new requirements would be the problem.

Keep me up to date, please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the problem that I can't handle with these hints, because there are very technical.

You can find the Financial Consolidation - Administration guide [here|http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/] (choose: Financial Consolidation - SAP BusinessObjects Financial Consolidation 7.5)

Perhaps you could have a look at chapter 1 (three pages) and tell me if this is the root of all evil?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry can't finde technical information at this place. I've tried to contact you via phone but you aren't inhose today.

Some weeks ago I created a little guide how to create a data source. I've published this in the Xing- Financial Consolidation User Group. It is just in german. Maybe this could help you. Enjoy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the little guide. I tried it. Till step eight it works perfect. Then I receive the error message:

Migration failed on data source ...

The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.

I work also with the sa user. Exactly the same user and the same settings were working well with BOFC 7.0. Because of that I have no idea what to do.

When your data source is running it couldn't be the wrong approach. And I exactly followed the instructions of your guide.

Perhaps I should install the version 7.0 again to be sure that the configurations are still running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some minutes ago I've tried to create a data source strictly by my guide. It works fine.

You can check all authentications between data source and database. In my opinion it is not a problem of the application version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. Your answers and approaches were very useful. But I must find a new way to solve this problem.

Bye.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing the same problem. Please let us know if you find a solution...

Greetings

Michael