cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running MRP for different Storage Locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get requirements from Customer A and Customer B. This gets loaded on the sales side as schedule lines using same plant but different storage locations so as to keep them separate.

I need to transfer them to the scheduling agreement (purchasing) using MRP and still keep them separate. I don't want to create additional plants. Will MRP Area help in this regard or what is the best possible way to resolve this kind of a scenario.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kennedy,

Material Requirement Planning (MRP) will always run at Plant level.

You can define an MRP area that consists of a particular storage location, by creating an MRP area and assigning the storage location to it. Material requirements for this storage location are then planned separately from the rest of the plant.

You can also group several storage locations into one MRP area, by creating an MRP area and assigning the storage locations to it. These storage locations are then planned together.

A storage location of a plant may be assigned to only one MRP area.

<b>Note: Material requirements planning with MRP areas cannot be reversed</b>

Hope this info will be useful.

Bye,

Muralidhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muralidhara, I still need some further clarification on this. Will the vendor be able to see this as separate requirements (delivery schedules) ? How does MRP knows which scheduling agreement to use for each MRP area, as the source list is flagged at plant level.

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kennedy,

If delivery schedules for an MRP area are to be created during the planning run, the system must determine a valid vendor or a valid delivery schedule.

You create delivery schedules and use message management by making entries in the source list.

Prerequisites

(a) You have created a Scheduling agreement for each MRP area of a material.

(b) You have entered a receiving storage location in the scheduling agreement, which belongs to the MRP area.

(c) You are only allowed to create one scheduling agreement for each vendor and receiving storage location.

(d) You have created an individual item for each scheduling agreement in the source list of the material.

(e) You have set the MRP indicator to 2 for Record relevant to MRP. Sched. lines generated automatically in the source list for each scheduling agreement item.

Bye,

Muralidhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Much appreciated Muralidhara, you've been very helpful. Could you please be patient with me I need you to elaborate further, let me enhance my quiry.

We have material A that is being requested by subsidaries A, B, C, for all this activities I'm going to create an additional plant so as to record all the stock activities on a separate GL account. This material is sourced from the same vendor, and the vendor must receive individual requirements (delivery scheduels) per subsidary.

On the sales side I'm going to create a sales scheduling agreement with line items, each line item will be a storage location representing each subsidaries.

I will also create 3 MRP (MRP Area A = subsidary A, MRP Area B = subsidary B, MRP Area C = subsidary C) areas representing the 3 subsidaries. On the purchasing I'll create a single scheduling agreement with 3 line items also representing each subsidaries(i.e Line 10 = Subsidary A, Line 20 = Subsidary B, Line 30 = Subsidary C). All this line items on the scheduling agreement will be for the same plant but different storage locations.

When I run MRP for MRP Area A I want all the delivery schedules to be created on line item 10, same for B to go line item 20 etc. Will MRP run place the delivery schedules on the correct line item?

Once again thank you for all the help.

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kennedy,

For more details, you can explore following link;

http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/BBlibrary_start.htm

In this website, you can click <b>J06: Production Planning and Control</b> with your Country.

Bye,

Muralidhara

Answers (0)