cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Time Replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to replicate data residing in my SQL Database to HANA.

For this I created a hdb replication task in Web IDE and added the table I wanted to replicate.

I am able to replicate by checking the option of initial load only.

I assume that if I uncheck this initial load only option, real time replication will be achieved. i.e, Any new entries in the table residing in SQL DB will be automatically reflected in copied table in HANA DB.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

When I try to execute the replication task after unchecking this initial load only option, an error is being thorwn

(dberror) 256 - sql processing error: "TRAINING"."R_Export_SCM::RealTReplicationChk.START_REPLICATION": line 4 col 0 (at pos 248): [256] (range 3) sql processing error exception: sql processing error: QUEUE: R_Export_SCM::RealTReplicationChk.SUB_VT_"dbo"."Employee": Failed to add subscription for remote subscription R_Export_SCM::RealTReplicationChk.SUB_VT_"dbo"."Employee".Error: exception 151050: CDC add subscription failed: Cannot call addSubscription method because the adapter is in FIRST_ADD_SUBSCRIPTION_FAILED state.

: line 1 col 1 (at pos 0)

Please help me in this.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Ramji, We also had same issue when we are trying to replicate from Oracle DB to HANA system, we found SAP OSS note 2361724 and after upgrading DP Agent then it has been resolved. Please check OSS note if this is relevant to your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We also have upgraded our HANA to SPS 12. There are more options now. Initial load only, Initial+Real time, Real time only and 3 more. Haven't give it a try. Hopefully this serves the purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing to check is the HANA and SDI versions. As a relatively new tool, many fixes are still being delivered frequently in the latest revisions/patches. If you are on HANA SP11, we recommend SDI SP02 (latest patch today is patch 5). If you are on HANA SP12, we recommend SDI SP03 (latest patch today is patch 2).

Secondly, if you are a licensed customer, creating support messages might be a faster way to get your technical issues fixed. With a support message, we have SLAs in place and tracking so that your issue gets solved quickly.

But back to your questions... you mention the "initial load only" checkbox, also this is something than changed in newer HANA revisions. You now have a dropdown box with many more options... But your understanding above is correct, if you uncheck "initial load only", the reptask will generate a remote subscription to start collecting changes in real-time from your SQL server database.

The error message above indicates an error while creating the remote subscription. This error usually comes up because of a wrong configuration earlier, so that the remote subscription is in error state, and now we are not able to clean up. In the latest SDI SP03 patch (patch 2) this is handled more graciously. But even without the patch, you can get past this error by doing some manual clean-up as explained in this SAP Note: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2361724/E

Before you do this clean-up, please double check that you have done the necessary setup steps to prepare your SQL Server database. This is explained in the SDI Administrator guide in the chapter on adapters: Administration Guide for SAP HANA Smart Data Integration and SAP HANA Smart Data Quality - SAP Libra...

I hope this helps to setup your real-time replication from SQL Server to HANA.

Thanks,

Ben.

--

Product manager HANA smart data integration (SDI) and HANA Cloud Integration for data services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply. I will check the links and install the latest version of DP Agent.

I am stuck at another problem.

I am trying to connect another SQL Database with HANA using MssqlLogreader Adapter. but I am getting an error.

PFA the screen shot.

The error message is

SAP DBTech JDBC: [403]: internal error: Cannot get remote source objects: Error to create MSSQL JDBC connection with URL [jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.70.133:1433;databaseName=texraydb_q62_27072016]

I have faced the same error earlier while connecting to different database with different credentials.

It got resolved some how. Just asked the SQL admin to change privileges for the SQL Login account.

Please let me know what is stopping me from establishing a connection and what could be the possible solution.

This is an urgent concern and immediate help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your SQL Server database a named instance ? In that case the "Data Server" field should also contain the name of the instance.

So e.g.:

Data Server = 192.168.70.133\SQLSRV28

Thanks,

Ben.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Actually both the name  for eg: SQLSRV28 or IP 192.168.70.133 of server should work.

I tried this also. 192.168.70.133\SQLSRV28 with its actual name. It did not work.

Any other thoughts??

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not the server name that you should add, but the instance name. You can see this in SQL Server Management Studio as well. You can use either IP address or host name, followed by a slash and the instance name.

See screenshot from SQL Server Studio...