cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puzzled after point reduction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was having 119 points until today morning.

I replied for a question and he has mentioned it as a helpful answer, but when I come back and have a look at my points it is 118.

Any clues why this has happened?

Prathish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The fiver is still visible on your reputation tab. Don't mix up lifetime total and 12-months rolling total, rolling as in older points are dropping from the horizon after year. Look for the many previous discussions of this phenomenon mostly in .

Recently I "lost" 40 after giving one "helpful answer", ouch ouch...

In rare cases, already assigned points are removed by moderator, for example if OP "forgets" to read ABAP online documentation before asking, but very well remembers to decorate all redundant replies (which are sure to come in quickly and in droves for basic and FAQ type of questions).

Thomas

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And by the way, a behaviour observed where seemingly the 12 month rolling calculations kick in everytime you gain points, and therefore creates an illusion that you lose points,  seems to have been fixed now. (If that made any sense whatsoever).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathish,

Every time you use someone else's user ID, ten ponits are deducted from their total and an alert mail is sent to them at milestones of 100 ponits while on it's descent.

Cheers,

Julius

former_member193464
Contributor
0 Kudos

lol happened with me too ....
i guess some of the question answered were moved to points free discussion by moderators .