cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

provision of SNC instead of Intial password ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone ,

I would like to provsion the SNC to the new users created in SAP system via HR triggers from CUP

How can I supress the emial with intial password?

and provsion SNC name in the SNC tab in SU01

the SNC name goes like this

p:networkId.atAmerica.unity

for my self p:gmasaonatAmerica.unity

out network Id's are different to SAP/UME Id's

how can I create a formula for SNC name ?

regards

Gerry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our NW IDs are same as SAP/UME ids so we have just defaulted the SNC field value in end user personalization to P:test.userid and it is working great.

I don't know if putting p:networkId.atAmerica.unity in the SNC field will work for you. You may need to map networkid to SAP id somewhere. Are you using LDAP for authentication? You can use LDAP mapping to map network id to user id.

I have responded to another thread in the forum on how to suppress the email so please search the forum.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh ,

Yes we have created field on LDAP called SAPID and I have mapped User ID field in LDAP mapping to SAPID

our authentication system is UME and the data source and user detail source both are is LDAP!

so I was just wondering what to pass as p:NWIDatAmerica.unity ,

obviously if I say USERID it picks the user ID form the access request form so , that would be the same as UME/SAP ID

so I am wondering how to create the formula for SNC name so it picks the netword ID.

Regards

Gerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gerry,

In this case, the most optimum and easiest way to achieve this to maintain SNC field in LDAP and map the CUP SNC field to LDAP SNC field. This way it will always grab this value from LDAP.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alpesh

1.)Good point, about maintaining the SNC field on LDAP and mapping it to CUP SNC field ( I presume this mapping has to be done under Field mapping >LDAP mapping>additonal fields( but i dont see SNC field under AC fields drop down)

2.)What if we start providing the same user ID's in both Newtwork and SAP , then can I use the SNC name as per our company SNC naming convention then can I just pass p:useridATAmerica.unity(AT is at the rate like in email) as defualt SNC name

in Enduser personlization ,will this work?

We want SNC only to be provisioned via HR triggers to new users alone.

Regards

Gerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gerry,

Both the scenarios would work.

1) This would require you to maintain one more field in SNC. You are right , I don't see the SNC field in AC fields. When we had issues with our SNC field, SAP recommended us to go to this route and we did not agree. I am glad that we did not do this as there is no way we can map SNC field to LDAP.

2) This would be your only option and it is working for us. There is a bug in SP10 so either stay on SP9 or move to SP11 for the SNC field to work.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alpesh ,

So we are left the option two then , but as you mentioned above that you have defaulted P:test.userid at your client.

I presume none of those fields are custom fields right? did you just plainly defined as it looks above ?

as per the note 1177556 the SNC formula should be something like :CN=#!#userId#!#, O=#!#company#!#, C=#!#location#!#

did you create a formula as per the note?

since my SNC name is a bit different p:userid.America,Unity

where America.unity = Domain name ,since domain name is not one of them available fields I have created a custom field called Domain and passed vaue (America.unity) and have created the following formula p:#!#userId#!#, #!#Domain#!#,

But apparently it didn't work .

In the Field mapping>provisioning>ERP system>I have mapped SNC field of AC to SNC printable name of the application

any thoughts please?

Regards

Gerrry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, our SNC is "p:Test\#!#userId#!#".

p:#!#userId#!#, #!#Domain#!# should work. Is the custom field name 'Domain'? You need to make sure that the custom field name is exactly same in the formula.

May be check wtih SAP support.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

Yes the Custom field name is ''Domain'', I will give it a try yet another time and open an OSS

but what about that p:(did you create a anything cusotm for this?)

Thanks for your help

Regards

Gerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. You don't have to create anything custom for the static filed. For us, P:Test is static and only userid is dynamic field.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alpesh ,

Managed to provision the SNC name ,but however its not being picked by HR tiggers for new hires's

are you guys provisioning SNC via HR triggers ?

Regards

Gerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good. We don't have SAP HR. It should still pick up via HR Trigger as you are just defaulting the SNC value via end user personalization. I can not test this for you as we don't have HR system but you should check with SAP.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.