cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP has encountered an Access Violation - W2K Server/PHP 5.1.1/SAPRFC 1.4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

we are running a business critical PHP application. Currently it runs on a W2K Server with PHP Version 4.2.3 and SAPRFC 1.2.1. We had to switch to a new hardware and want also to use a actual version of PHP / SAPRFC. So we installed PHP 5.1.1 and SAPRFC 1.4.1.

When I call a special RFC enabled Function Module I can reproduce to create the error Message "PHP has encountered an Access Violation". We had this problem on the old server also but only once in a month. On the new system we got the error reproducable after this special function module.

In the server logs I've found this message:

The HTTP server encountered an unhandled exception while processing the ISAPI Application '
wam!WAM_REQ_CORE::GetSz(unsigned long)const  + 0x51
php5isapi!HttpExtensionProc + 0x6B3
wam!DllCanUnloadNow + 0x636
wam!DllCanUnloadNow + 0x20C
w3svc!HTTP_HEADERS::FindValue(char const *,unsigned long *) + 0xE2
w3svc!STR::Copy(char const *,unsigned long) + 0xC71
w3svc!STR::Copy(char const *,unsigned long) + 0xB49
w3svc!STR::Copy(char const *,unsigned long) + 0x9A2
w3svc!CLIENT_CONN::OnSessionStartup(int *,void *,unsigned long,int) + 0x642
w3svc!HTTP_HEADERS::Reset(void) + 0x1CA
w3svc!STR::Copy(char const *,unsigned long) + 0x16EF
ISATQ!CDirMonitor::RemoveEntry(class CDirMonitorEntry *) + 0x13A
 + 0xECA5F1B3
'.

I've already tried <a href="http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=204&eventno=731&source=WAM&phase=1">setting b</a> from <a href="http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=31731&edit=1">HTTP server encountered unhandled exception while processing ISAPI Application</a>.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Gregor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suggestion - not useful but one...

Apache

Serious:

It's a definite problem with DLL's what SAPRFC library do you have? Have you tried simply replacing it? Or a reinstall of it and PHP/SAPRFC?

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

we are testing with Apache and Kerberos Authentication. Hope that it works also for the W2K Task Stations in production. Next week I hope to know more.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me know I'm very curious but I've no access to a W2K server with IIS so all I can do is sit and wait for you to tell me what's what

johna69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

This is only vaguely related to your problem, but a lot of my users are having problems with Access Violation and IIS on XP.

As yet we have not identified the exact cause of their problem.

They are not however using SAPRFC.

JohnA

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

would you suggest to use Apache on Windows? Our main issue to use IIS on Windows is the good NTLM Authentication we use for single sign on.

Regards

Gregor

johna69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

If you need to remain on windows it is an option, however you would then need to setup a different authentication for your SSO. The only Apache on windows I run is a test machine. Hopefully someone here has experience with Apache in a productive environment.

Did you come across this link http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=35568 in your search for problems? This discusses a problem in PHP 5.1.1 that did not exist in 4.X . There is a fix in 5.1.2 . However I could not see a description of the cause, just a pointer to the fix.

It may not help your productive environment, but may lead you in the right direction.

Cheers

John

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

unfortenately the SAPRFC Binary is currently only released for PHP 5.1.1. But I will try it out.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

saprfc works well with php 5.1.2, otherwise scripting in a box wouldn't work

anton

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

we updated to 5.1.2 and now it seems to work stable.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

excellent. good to hear you got it going. regards, anton

Answers (0)