Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pets...? Pets !

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Let's talk about pets.

I was forced (thanks my kids!) to buy two guinea pigs.

So I do support sap erp, sap crm and 'guinea pigs' systems at this stage...

What kind of pets do you have ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member183818
Contributor
0 Kudos

I take that as an advice from an experienced hand , I hate Crocodiles .. ahhhhh... looks disgusting.. Leopard hmmmmm......  I will try

former_member183818
Contributor
0 Kudos

I was shocked to see a news I read read week, A Leopard was found roaming in the busy streets of Sharjah (UAE). He escaped and was roaming in the streets.

The authorites has seized several wild animals from various parts of UAE after this incident, all from private people who considered and treated them as "PETS".

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Leopard is not a drama you might play with him

Crocodile is always issue..even if full

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right now: None.

When I was a little girl I had a chicken and my granny's sister took care of it because we were living in the city, you know there's no place for farm animals in the city. 

One day I visited my granny's sister I asked for my dear chicken and she answered:

-Oh darling, Cucurico -its name- ran away.

-What a bad boy, Cucurico - I would have thought

But the truth was that he didn't run away, Cucurico became my aunt's dinner!

Apart from Cucurico the chicken, my siblings and I had a borrowed pet.  Borrowed because he was a dog that belonged to a neighbor but this dog preferred to come to our countryside home and being with us to play and eat during the weekend.  When we had to go back to the city he used to go back to his owner's home.  It was like having a pet of our own but he really belonged to someone else.  We called him Terry, but his real name was Negrito (in English it's like Blacky).

Former Member
0 Kudos

LOL. I have virtual pets in Neopets.com.

dirk_wittenberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

2 guinea pigs, maybe a third to coming soon.

Regards,

Dirk

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a 4-year old cat Lexus. He is a Siamese and Ragdoll mix. Ragdoll is a relatively new (70s I think) US breed, these cats are just beautiful and have very mellow character. Interesting trivia - Ragdoll kittens all have similar plain beige coats when they're born and their stripes or other markings slowly develop over 2-3 years.

We got the cat for very utilitarian reason - there was mice infestation in our apartment that management was unable to control. He hasn't caught any mice (although he chased one), but somehow they were gone in a few days after his arrival.

I had to look very hard for a good recent picture since for the last 3 years our son took over the "most photographed" title.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jelena,

Your cat looks very nice (it seems like he prefers to sit in front of computer)

I think from "techno-functional" point of view the best solution for mices would be ...mouse-trap

say, a custom z-trap like this:

regards,

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have any pets myself, but I'm surrounded by my neighbours's. Sometimes when I set out for work, their cat rushes through my appartment door, jumps on a high shelf or something alike and gives me a look like "Now dance for my amusement, monkey-man!" ; fortunately it usually gets bored fast of my dancing and leaves...

Not actual picture, but this pretty much sums it up:

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/39/105367440_d495244a2e_z.jpg?zz=1

@ PPIO. From a developer's point of view, the trap might fail because the mouse will use ME->Eat_Through_Cardboard

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We actually had mouse traps and even caught two mice, but the mere thought of these critters running around and leaving little "surprises" was giving me the hibbie jibbies.

It's interesting that Ragdoll cats are known for a dog-like habit of following their masters (or rather servants ) around the house. So wherever we go - cat goes too. His favorite place is definitely by my husband's PC, but that's also where my husband spends most time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problems with mongeese is nothing new to me, but Rick Astley helped me solve that problem with Coffee Corner assistance about 2 years ago and I have not looked back since.

Wanted pets is a different topic and I can only recommend caution when combined with kids, particularly the first child once the missus feels it is safe to have a cat as companion / entertainment / learning to deal with non-mothers / etc.

We started with a cat called Heidi 8 years ago and she is still with us.

Other side affects of the tidal wave which Heidi unleashed:

- 3 Cats (Sissi, Mixi and Molli)

- 3 Mongolian Dessert Racing Mice (Barbara, Sandra and Janine)

- 5 Guinee Pigs (Quamlet, Paula, Flitzina, Luis and "Question Mark")

- 15 Argauische Schweizer Chickens (special rare chicken breed which does not lay eggs - all looked the same and various dymically generated names)

- 3 Welch Ponies (Hani, Billi and Holli)

- 4 rabbits (Nico (who was killed by one of the chickens BTW...), Socks, Schnuffi and Schnucki)

- 2 brothers (George and Leonard)

Sometimes we also take care of Otto Gold's chinchillahs when he is away. Mostly there is just the two of them, but on some mornings there are also new chinchillahs because Otto does not warn us that they are pregnant.

Lesson learnt -> First child and first pet -> big construction site!  😉

Cheers,

Julius

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julius von dem Bussche wrote:

15 Argauische Schweizer Chickens (special rare chicken breed which does not lay eggs - all looked the same and various dymically generated names)

I'm confused - if they don't lay eggs then how do they, uhm, reproduce?

Your post reminded me of my son's book Fifteen Animals, which is quite funny for the adults too.

Julius von dem Bussche wrote:

Sometimes we also take care of Otto Gold's chinchillahs when he is away. Mostly there is just the two of them, but on some mornings there are also new chinchillahs because Otto does not warn us that they are pregnant.

Aaaah, now that explains tea and beer from Otto mentioned in another post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Some special breeds of animals do not need to reproduce to be able to exist none the less. Another example is the mule (we do not have a real one, yet.. ;-).

Anyway, reason for my update is that Nannah the Guineapig grandmother just passed away peacefully, and I realized that I had forgotten to mention her in my original post.

Cheers,

Julius

Astrid_Gambill
Contributor
0 Kudos

1 cat

1 dog

Who knows what will get added to the menagerie as my daughter gets older...

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Astrid,

i hope they are friends

regards,