cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDX logic - Reporting currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to restrict MDX logic to calculate only for USD (reporting currency) values?

In Outlooksoft 4.1 we were able to use;

*XDIM_MEMBERSET CURRENCYDIM=USD

In 5.1 this script results in an error message "There is no base member in the selected members of dimension: RPTCURRENCY"

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A few thoughts. Return the SYSTEM CONSTANTS file to its variable state, and it may need a few missing elements. Refer to Apshell for a baseline) If you ONLY want to calculate USD, the ONLY setting you should need is in the RPTCurrency dimension, property "REPORT" = Y. This defines for the core language to ONLY calculate any input LC values, using the ENTITY RATETYPE, to the USD value for reporting.

If you are using the Business Rules, it may just be related to a bad Systems COnstants file, or missing a few variable pointers.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Did you try in doing?

*Xdim_memberset RptCurrency=USD

Nic

Former Member
0 Kudos

This should still work.

I think that you have a problem in the system_constants.lgl file.

Please try to change the currencydim with your real currencydimension name and see if this works. If it works, change it back to currencydim and look to your constants file and see if the mapping between the currencydim and the real currencydimension name is correct. It it is not, change it and try it again.

Alwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The systems constant file is fine

*FUNCTION CURRENCYDIM =%CURRENCY_DIM%

I have tried all these variations:

*XDIM_MEMBERSET CURRENCYDIM=%REPORTING_CURRENCIES%

*XDIM_MEMBERSET RPTCURRENCY=%REPORTING_CURRENCIES%

*XDIM_MEMBERSET CURRENCYDIM=USD

*XDIM_MEMBERSET RPTCURRENCY=USD

*XDIM_MEMBER RPTCURRENCY=USD to USD

The LGF file validates without error. When I ran the dtsx package however, the error pops up everytime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have a dimension called RPTCURRENCY?

have you got USD inside?

In the property REPORTING is it Y

In Curency_Type property is it R?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

Yes

Yes

No. Where is the currency type property? Should I have this in the RPTCurrency dimension?

I thought the "R", "C", "E", "A", "I" & "T" properties (for currency, category, entity etc) are automatically assigned. We don't need to add these.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another try:

Is the member USD a base member in the dimension; Open the rptcurrency dimension in admin and make sure that this member has no formula and is not present on other lines in a PARENTH column.

Alwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it's a base member. The rptcurrency dimension is flat.

No formulas either. It looks exactly like the AppShell dimension.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agnes,

Have a look at this : OSOFT/Help/Admin/Setting_up_a_legal_consolidation_application_set.htm#Currency

OR

look for in the admin help :"Setting up a legal consolidation application set"

It is in the help file of the admin.

There are information about the CURRENCY_TYPE property:

L: Local Currency

R: Reporting Currency

G: Group

Used for the currency conversion business rules.

Please could you try to add this property and give it a R for USD?

I hope this will help...

Nic

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the responses.

The systems constants file is a copy of that in AppShell.

It's not a legal consolidation appset. I looked at the app in admin>modify application. The Rptcurrency dimension is already designated as "R" type.

I'm surprised that no-one else has seen this. I assumed it was an issue with version 5.1. I get the error on other dimensions to.

eg.

*xdim_member intco = all_interco to gl

yields the same error: no base member in selected dimension