cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany elimination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

can anybody help me to explain about intercompany elimination and US Elimination Rules?

any document will be helpfull, or best practice about it

really appreciate your helps

Best Regard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a HTG on SAP's SDN site on setting up an intercompany matching application. This may be a good first place to start. The link should be:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e081e99f-87b1-2b10-448a-a31b1c7a...

Hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your good answer

im still using finance application now for budgeting, but i will consolidate eventually.do you have any documentation about that eimination that i can read??

and when u said its depend what client need, can you tell me what do i need to consider from the client so i can deside which procedure i will use??

best regard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thenx for your replies

i allready read that article before it did help a lot, but i read the help for intercompany elimination that include US elimintation rules and using dimension Entity, Account, IntCo, etc

what is the diffrent about those 2??the one in the How To article and the one at the help menu??

if we want do an elimination which one should we choose??

best regard

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are at least 2 forms of eliminations. The key difference is whether you are running a Conslidations Application or merely a Finance application. In the Consolidation application, you do NOT create elimination entities and you do NOT use 'US eliminations". In the Finance app, you can use US elim but you will have to create elimination entities.

In the consolidation app, the eliminations post to the entities themselves (although in a different data source - depending on how you configure); In the finance app with elimination entities, the elims post to the elim entities. However, in the finance app, you could also configure the elims per the consolidation elim methodology rather than the US elims.

What you choose to do depends on the client needs and the app that you are working with. Are you trying to do consols (with equity postings etc.) or not?