cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIM and PCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi epm experts:

I m new in FIM and PCM world, but I m seeing that FIM is the front-end interface for BO Data Services which finally load the data on PCM data base?

Correct me if I m wrong plz.

Regards

jav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jav,

You are correct.

SAP Business Objects Financial Information Management (FIM) is a specialized ETL for the EPM applications, and provides connectivity to other SAP applications such as BW and ECC.It is part of the Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Suite and provides a business encapsulation on top of SBOP Data Services.It has a user-friendly interface, dedicated transformation rules, and integrated business specific workflows specifically for its target audience,  the business users.

FIM is easier for a business user, as it does not have all the functionality (and complexity) of DS

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc:

Thanks for answering, but I got a doubt, what if a customer who has ECC and BW and they r planning to implement BPC NW 10, is it a must for them to use FIM to load data to BPC?? Since the data can be loaded to BPC just through the data manager which shoot process chain in BW.

regards

jav

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jav,

Yes, that would work for BPC - but your original question was on PCM, which does not run natively on BW.

Marc

Answers (0)