cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts About Work states!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I Have serious doubts about Work states.

I suppose that I have an application set EXAMPLE. with 4 created states:

work state-DataManager--

controlled by

-

Unlocked---all--

both

Submitted--all--

both

journals-----owner--

both

approvated-locked--

mgr

What does this shown table mean?

Unlocked---all means that everybody can access to a the datas of a dimension?

Submited--all means that everybody can save datas to the server.

what journal--owner means??????

approvated--locked means that nobody can change de information?

After all these doubts I see the table work status change. And it looks like that in that table you can decide which dimesion can be assignated to a status..but my questino is why when the work status is NO..why do I need to introduce a member validation? for what? I dont understand.

Help please!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And another question more..When I see the table work status setting, I dont understand why if we introduced that we dont want a work status for a dimension..we have to introduce a member validation, for what?? with which goal?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use "Enable completion criteria" to link Work Status with BPF. To complete the BPF step, the work status has to be set for the specified members. You can define this in BPF step customization.

Regarding validation, you can find excellent help in "Changing work status settings for applications". You can find help files at http://<your bpcserver>/OSOFT/Help/Admin/HelpStart.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, thanks, I understand almost everything you've told me but I continue without matching things...for example:

¿ the work status are defined for datas(members of a dimension)? It's not possible to assign work status for tasks in a BPF? for example: if I have a task to introduce datas in a excel related with accounts and previusly, I defined a work status for this dimesion "account". It's automatically changed the status of that dimension???

I hope you know what am I trying to ask you: "how to relate the work status and BPF "

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unlocked, submitted, journals etc are just workstate names. Names doesnt carry any value. Its how we define the workstates. In your case, when workstate is unlocked, everyone can access the reports and schedules depending on access given. When the workstate is changed to journal (for a particular data set), only owner will be able to make changes to it. Other users will not be able to change it.

Owner is the userid defined in the owner property of entity dimension. Manager is the immediate superior to Owner.

regards,

Lokesh Nandula