cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controls ID missing under User Mitigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

So I have created several Control IDs but when I search for them on User Mitigation, Mitigated Roles, etc. the Controls ID show up blank.  Can someone guide me on what's the issue here?

When I create the controls I see them and they are align to the Organization and even have owners assign but for some reason when I try to assign the control I don't see it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I just found the solution but I'm a little puzzle by the behavior of the system, so it looks like in order to see the control I need to populate Access Risk ID and Rule ID even thought Rule ID is NOT a mandatory field.  Rule ID is not even a mandatory field when creating the Mitigation Control.  Can someone provide some background as to why the Rule ID is important on a Mitigation Control?  Any information is greatly appreciated.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan

Do you have configuration parameter 1012 - Consider Rule ID also for mitigation assignment set to YES?

If set to you you can choose which rule violations you apply the control to. You may have different controls depending on the rule. Provides more flexibility depending on your needs.

If it's no, it just might need the asterisk as that is how it is stored in the table

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mamoonr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Also check from if you have proper authorization related to mitigation.

I guess object is GRAC_MITIG.

Thanks,

Mamoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are talking about GRAC_MITC I have full access.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan

Have you tried selecting the risk first and then see if the control list is populated as ones that are designed for the risk?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I try that, I try populating every single field but Control ID and still nothing.  Any other suggestion?