cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectors and connector groups in GRC 10 AC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working with ARA and EAM component of GRC AC 10.0.

But, had some basic questions as to how and why we create connectors/Connector groups?

Detail Questions:

1) Why/How we can use Connector Group?

2) If we want to have specific ruleset implemented across different systems( like HR, SRM,BI) than how will we use the connectors/connectors group?

I know these might be very simple basic questions for you Gurus out there.

But, please help me out either with solutions or documents that might help me clear this concepts.

Thank you all in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi VK

My approach is - connector group is for a group of like systems. For example, if you have BI and ECC then I would have 2 connector groups. Each Connector (System/SM59 Connection) is then mapped to that group.

Using Connector Groups for ARA Rulesets, etc make it easier to migrate changes to Production environment as they are built against the group instead of the specific system

Within GRC, you can also set default connectors for group. For example, in BRM you might have DEV Configuration Client, Dev Unit Test, etc against one group but when it comes to the Maintain Authorisation Steps you want it to executed (PFCG launch) for Dev Conf Client.

As far as the Rule Set goes: The Rule Set and the Risks do not include system/connector information. The Function is where you specific the Connector Group or Connector. You have the option here to build the function on either of them. to build up your ruleset. If you look at the default rule set that you activate through BC Sets, SAP includes a heap for you to reference. The SAP defaults are all built against their Connector Groups (which they also deliver in the BC Sets).

Search on the community. If you have access to the GRC 5.3 Guides they explain them in there too (even though this is GRC 10)

In short: connector group when you want to refer to the component which can have multiple connectors. Specific Connector when you want that specific system

Good luck with it all

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

In your answer you mentioned for BI & ECC we will be using different connector groups.

I wanted to know how do you judge which systems should be in one connector groups is it by rulesets or any other factor. For example I have following systems :ECC,HR,SCM,SRM, CRM,BI, BPC, XI, IOS-Oil ; in this case how many connector groups will I need and what base theory in choosing so.

Thanks,

VK

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi VK

The Connector Group is a logical grouping of like systems. Each of your components have different add-ons which will result in different transaction codes, authorisation objects and org fields. In addition, each component is used for a different purpose (business processes) which means different risk definitions. For example, creating a vendor would be a function for ECC but not for BI

I would create a (or leverage existing SAP ones from the BC set) for each component you mention. Although you said systems, they are actually components of which your will have different environments (production, test, dev, etc) and some will have separate clients. Depending on your landscape and what you are implementing for GRC this can result in quite a few connectors. Each connector can be associated with the connector group.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen.. It was real helpful.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen and Prasant,

Thank you both. It was great help and information. I now have better idea what these mean.

As per your advice will search on the community for more info.

Regards,

RK

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since GRC 10 in ABAP no, you have RFC connection for communication.

You maintain that in GRC system to understand which connector to be used.

ie for communication between GRC system and target system where GRC plugin is deployed.

Connector group is logical group to use common ruleset.

like standard you can create your own group map with ruleset, who ever connector defined in that group will use the same ruleset.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

Thanks for the fast response.

So, to clarify: If I have ECC, HR, SRM, CRM systems in my landscape and I want to use same ruleset across these systems I will use a Connector Group.

Also is there a requirement where you use one system in 2 separate connector groups?

Is connector group and logical group same thing?

Are there any specific recommendations or documents available in regards to recommended usage of Connector groups/ or what is your experienced opinion?

What is logical port? What does it do?

Thanks!

VK

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes..

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can find few notes.. nandita has posted few.. you can do a search in scn.

REgards

Prasant