cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes needed to control overwrite logic with EHP upgrade?

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are currently implementing EHP7 on our ERP6 system, upgrading from EHP5. I have a flavour for transaction IW33 in EHP5 that works perfectly, but the same flavour does not work in EHP7. I'm getting symptoms similar to those I got when the control overwrite logic was missing for IW33, and it does appear that the ABAP dynpro screen structure has changed in EHP7 (or EHP6, I guess) - some of the subscreen numbers are different.

As I understand the control overwrite logic, though, it seem like it should still work. Either that's not the problem, or I'm not understanding the control overwrite logic. I suspect the latter...

The most obvious symptom I see is that enabling tab caching on the main tab set in IW33 does not work. Does anyone out there have an ERP6 EHP7 system and can try that and let me know if it works? I'm also hoping that might have some helpful suggestions!

Thanks,

Steve.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TobiasQueck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

There is not much magic in the control id overwrite logic. You define a regex matching the ids of all controls that you want to handle as if they are the same and then you define the id that is to be used for all matching controls.

In the IW33 case, the shipped rule is

ORIGINAL:

^ses\[0]\/wnd\[0\]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB_ALLSAPLCOIH3001/subcntSUB_LEVELSAPLCOIH\w+$

which finds for example the subscreens

ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB_ALLSAPLCOIH3001/subcntSUB_LEVELSAPLCOIH1100

ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB_ALLSAPLCOIH3001/subcntSUB_LEVELSAPLCOIH1107

and converts them to

ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/MainTabContainer.

What are the new subscreen IDs in your system? I checked in my EHP6 system, and the control IDs seem to be the same.

Cheers,

Tobias.

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're right, the IDs at least as far as the tab container are the same, and so the overwrite rule shouldn't need to be changed. However, taking a copy of the Basic View and just turning on tab caching doesn't work. For me that has always been caused by the overwrite rules being wrong/missing for these Enjoy-style transactions.

What other causes are there for that?

Steve.

TobiasQueck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you apply a new note or anything else since it worked the last time or did anything else change? I would recommend to create an OSS message.

Cheers,
Tobias.

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm getting this behaviour after applying EHP7 to the ERP system and SP03 to Personas. It works in EHP5/SP02. After the upgrade, everything else either worked fine or failed because of changes to screens that needed corresponding flavour or script changes. The only problem I'm having is with IW33. The existing flavour has an OnCreate script that fails and visual elements that no longer appear. In trying to rebuild the flavour from scratch I noticed that even just enabling tab caching fails. This has happened to me before, always when the control overwrite logic was wrong, which is why I made that assumption. ME23N works correctly in EHP7/SP03

I'll create an OSS message.

Thanks Tobias!

TobiasQueck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

We just installed SAP Note 1957302 on our system and I don't have any issues with IW33 (anymore).

Cheers,
Tobias.

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that note has cured the problem. Thanks!

Steve.

Answers (0)