cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC - "Error occurs during UpdateRemainData. Invalid column name formula4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After creating a new dimension, I am trying to add members in it.

I am not sure why, but first I got message to include FORMULAH1 and FORMULAH2 as properties to the dimesion. I added those two properties although I do not have any formula for my Dim members.

When I try to process the dimension, I get the error message,

"Error occurs during UpdateRemainData. Invalid column name 'formula4'."

Can anybody throw some light as to why I might be getting this message and how to fix it.

I do not have any column named 'formula4'.

Thanks in advance.

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sorin_radulescu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems for your new dimension you have four hierachies.

For each hierachy you should have into you dimension excel sheet columns:

Parenth1, 2, 3,4 and FormulaH1, H2, H3,H4.

So it seems in your case you missed this field or you have an issue into hierachy number 4.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You might be having 4 hierarchies where for the hierarchy 4 you have skipped some data or fields. You need to have correct dimension(s) for each hierarchy. Suggest to rectify the hierarchy created and then relate hierarchy to their respective dimensions and update data.

Hope this resolves.

Regards,

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sorin,

Thanks for your reply.

I deleted my dimension and tried again, this time with only FORMULA in the properties and it worked.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Anurag

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

i045436
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have to have only one property named Formula into the dimension. The formulah1, formulah2, ... should be added corresponding with the number of hierarchies defind in your dimension.

To have an idea more clear, just look to the AcountL on ApShel, which has 3 hierarchies and 3 formulas, but only one FORMULA property.

Best regards,

Mihaela