Can anybody tell me what are the most frequently occurring dumps and the immediate solutions for them..?
Few of the most frequently occuring dumps are :
1) TIME_OUT : this happens due to longer dialog execution time for a user compared to the parameter settings. We can ask the user to run the report in batch jobs instead of dialog. we can ask the user to reduce the search criteria if he is using one.
2) RAISE_EXCEPTION : This is due to error in exception handling of the abap program. If its a customer report we can ask the developer to modify code or if its a sap report we can raise issue with sap
3) DBIF_SQL_ERROR: this happens due to various problems with database.
suppose user is trying to write duplicate entries to the tables then it occurs, if there is problem with the datafile then also it occurs. you have to read the details of the error.
4) TSV_NEW_PAGE_ALLOCATION_FAILED: Error due to not enough extended memory to run the report. This happens during high memory usage time, We can ask the user to run the report during less load and also to reduce the input criteria which will in turn reduce the processing memory required for the internal table.
or we need to increase the extended memory parameters.
5) MEMORY_NO_MORE_PAGING: happens due to not enough space in paging area. Can be solved by increasing the paging file parameter value.
6) LOAD_PROGRAM_ERROR: this error happens if during runtime any of the repository objects are changed by means of transport. We can ask the user to rerun the program.
Please note you have to go through the following sections of the error in ST22:
user and transaction
how to correct the error
information on where termination occured. This would be helpful.
Also there would be keywords using which you can check relevant notes in OSS.
"Points for solution"
There are many types of run times errors we will have daily !!
Via Tx- ST22 we can analyze the dump.
we will have like
To resolve these dumps, in st22 it self , we can view the required information
It tells you.
2) What you can do
3) Error Analysis
It will tell you key words to search in sap web link, some times provides relavent Notes also.
Just we need to follow the instructions in st22.
I hope this information will help you.
Note:Points always encourage me to reply !!