Slowly it is becoming tradition that every year I summarizing all the changes that happened on SCN on last year. I started with 2009and 2010changes. So what year 2011 gave to SDN or SCN?
1. Mobile version of weblogs: So called “mobile SCN” or “pocket-size SCN”. Accessing of weblogs optimized for mobile devices (e.g. smartphone) is available via weblogs.sdn.sap.com/mobile. It appeared approximately in March. See introduction article in SAP.info.
2. Business ByDesign content area – new area under BPX community’s Solutions dedicated to Business ByDesign is available SAP Business ByDesign.
3. Mobile content area –Appeared in middle of Nov 2011 area for mobile platforms and applications is here. Mostly about SAP Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) and solutions like Afaria
4. Elearning content area – So called Elearning by topic/product/industry is available here here.
7. New SCN Platform based on JIVE Engage (also known as SBS (Social Business Software) 5.0. This was/still is the biggest current SCN initiative. It was supposed to be delivered by mark.yolton/blog/2011/08/11/behind-the-scenes-of-the-new-sap-community-networkhowever it was mark.yolton/blog/2011/12/09/the-new-scn--launch-now-planned-for-early-2012(mark.yolton/blog/2011/12/10/the-new-scn-an-update-on-our-delayed-release) to beginning of 2012. Earlier on last year I listed the Things that drive me crazy on SDN and majority of them will be hopefully dismissed by new SCN platform. So as a small sneak peek preview I list below few new features of new upcoming SCN:
b. New forums – “spaces” – means small, self-contained communities focused on topic/SAP product/industry. More info keith.elliott/blog/2011/11/02/finding-forums-fast-on-the-new-scn-150-don146t-get-lost-in-space.
c. Content submission system changes - support lot of web browsers
8. SAPtausch - Exchange Program for SAP Professionals – Last not least J this one even started in 2009 but somehow I missed it so I list it arrear here. It is kind of wife swap just wives are replaced by consultants. See details here.
Looking forward to see more collaboration and engagements from all of us in 2012!