Additional Blogs by Members
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kesarikatakam
Explorer

I have been facing this issue with my wifi network connection where for every 2 idle minutes the SAP GUI gets disconnected. It means while i am using SAP i should not switch to any of the application like check a mail or read a doc. And if i use the wired connection there is no issue.

This has been painful experience to work on wifi and keep losing your code.

I tried to apply the system parameters / tweak firewall etc, but some how i didn't get them right. But what i came to know is that the "ping" which happens back to SAP GUI from app server keeps the connection alive.

So to resolve this, i wanted to write a program which keeps the GUI busy while i am working on other applications on my Windows.  And this gave me a great result and my GUI is always live just like as it used to be with the "wired" connection. Its a great relief if i recall how many times i had lost my work due to those disconnections.

I have written the program to GUI_Download a small file and GUI_Upload the same file in an infinite loop. That's it. It works like charm!

Since you are executing this program in infinite loop you would have only 5 sessions to work with out of the default 6.  And i didnt face any performance issues as such. And the  defaultmax workprocess limit of 10 minutes is also Unchanged in my system.

The program looks like below :

REPORT  zsmash_keep_gui.

DATA: t_file TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF localfile.
APPEND 'test' TO t_file.
DATA: w_string_file TYPE string.
w_string_file 'D:\123.txt'.

DO.
   CALL FUNCTION 'GUI_DOWNLOAD'
     EXPORTING
       filename = w_string_file
     TABLES
       data_tab = t_file
     EXCEPTIONS
       OTHERS   = 22.
   IF sy-subrc <> 0.