- Site Creation: Cloud-based solution for easy site creation and consumption (business sites, self-service sites, and extensions to SuccessFactors and SAP Cloud for Customer)
- Extend & Enrich: extend your existing business processes to external-facing scenarios such as suppliers, distributers, and customers or enrich cloud solutions with self-service scenarios
- Standards Support: Supports modern web standards such as HTML5 (SAPUI5), OpenSocial, SAML2 and CMIS.
- Powered by SAP Cloud Platform: SAP Cloud Platform Portal is powered by SAP Cloud Platform.
- Secure exposure: Securely exposes information from on-premise SAP systems or SAP Cloud Platform via SAP Cloud Platform Connectivity and SAP Cloud Platform Portal to end users.
Watch also this product video.
SAP Cloud Platform Portal lets you build digital experience portals for employees, customers, and partners. You can streamline access to business data so that your employees can execute their daily business tasks securely, from any device. The Portal service runs in the following environments: Neo and Cloud Foundry (Multi-Cloud) environment.
Getting started on Cloud Foundry (Multi-Cloud) Environment:
- Register for a trial account on SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Foundry Environment
- Prepare Portal Environment for Site Creation
- Overview Information (SAP Documentation)
Getting started on Neo Environment (note: there is no trial account anymore available):
Concerning the differences between Cloud Portal on Neo and Cloud Foundry (Multi-Cloud) environment, check out the following SAP note. Note that while SAP continues enhancing the launchpad sites experience on the Cloud Foundry environment, the freestyle site experience is not planned to be enhanced further (also not on Neo environment).
Learn about SAP Cloud Platform Portal (Cloud Foundry, Multi-Cloud Environment)
SAP Cloud Platform Portal lets you build digital experience portals for employees, customers, and partners. You can streamline access to business data so that your employees can execute their daily business tasks securely, from any device. Dive deeper into our learning material on SAP Cloud Platform Portal on Cloud Foundry/Multi-Cloud Environment:
Learn about SAP Cloud Platform Portal (Neo Environment)
You use the Portal service on SAP Cloud Platform Neo environment to quickly and easily create business sites that are fully integrated with SAP Fiori launchpad. There are two design options: Freestyle sites and Launchpad sites. Note that the freestyle option is in maintenance mode. We recommend to create your sites only with Launchpad design. Dive deeper into our learning material on SAP Cloud Platform Portal for the Neo Environment:
Trainings and Tutorials
Check out how our partners supplement the product offering of SAP Cloud Platform Portal. Note that the offering is mainly focused on the Neo environment.
Migration from Neo Environment to the Multi-Cloud Foundation
If you plan a migration from the Neo to the Cloud Foundry / Multi-Cloud environment, you can migrate your SAP Fiori launchpad sites that currently exist in the Portal service in the Neo environment to the Portal or also the Launchpad service in the Cloud Foundry environment. This can be done via an export and import functionality. Note that you can only migrate SAP Fiori Launchpad sites, not Freestyle sites. For more information, see the guide Migrating SAP Fiori Launchpad Sites to the Cloud Foundry Environment.
Read also the general guide about "Migrating from the Neo Environment to the Multi-Cloud Foundation". This guide describes the characteristics of the multi-cloud foundation, shows its differences and advantages compared to the Neo environment, and helps you decide on your migration path. It presents a strategic approach to handling your migration, helps you get started, and during the process, improves your expertise in working with the new environment.
Blogs and Questions/Answers on SAP Community
To find all blogs about SAP Cloud Platform Portal, follow the following tag on SAP Community: https://blogs.sap.com/tags/01200314690800003678
If you have questions concerning SAP Cloud Platform Portal, submit them under the following tag: https://answers.sap.com/tags/01200314690800003678