The organization has implemented a custom field on the SAP S/4HANA system, and the implementation was in English. The organization has a presence in Germany, which necessitates that the UI label of the custom field is also available in German.
Note: For the translated UI labels, you can select a language from the standard set of translation languages that are available on SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Note: Information provided in this document is as per the features available on SAP S/4HANA Cloud release 1905. There might be variations to screen and field names in other release versions.
- You have administrative access to SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- You have implementation experience on SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Implementation of the Extension
- Create a new Custom Field.
- Open the newly created custom field in the edit mode.
- Choose Translate under General Information.
- Enter the UI field label in the required language.
- Save and Publish the custom field with its translated version of the UI label.
- Log into SAP S/4HANA Cloud, in the language in which you have the translated UI label.
- Check for the translated custom field on the user interface in which the translated UI label was created. If the translation is visible, the translation has been done successfully.