In your organization billing documents must have a fax number on it. You can include this field by creating a custom field for the fax number in the Sales Billing Document business context and then implementing a Business Add-In (BAdI) for business context Sales: Billing Document. Write the logic in the BAdI to push the fax number field into the billing document form.
Note: Information provided here is as per features available on SAP S/4HANA Cloud release 1905. There might be variations to screen and field names in other release versions.
- You have administrative access to SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- You have implementation experience on SAP S/4HANA Cloud and BAdIs.
- You have coding experience, since this extensibility solution requires implementation of coding logic.
Implementation of the Extension
SAP S/4HANA Cloud Launchpad - > Custom Fields and Logic application
Assign Custom Field to a Form template
- Create a New Custom Field.
- Select the newly created custom field and navigate to Form Templates.
- Select the form within which, you wish to put in the new custom field. For example, choose the Customer Invoice form.
Write a logic for the Custom Field BAdI
- Create a new Enhancement Implementation using the Custom Logic option.
- Open the newly created Enhancement Implementation.
- In the Draft Logic section, enter the logic to print the custom field on the billing document form.
- Save and publish the newly implemented logic for the custom field BAdI.
Print Billing Document
- Download the form containing the new custom field. Add the custom field logic to it and upload the form back to the system.
- Open Manage Billing Document app on the FIORI launchpad.
- Select your billing document and choose the display option.
- Under Output Items, preview the newly defined form template. The newly created custom field should now be visible on the form.