Navigate to SAP S/4HANA Cloud -> Advanced Compliance Reporting -> Generic VAT
You would like to create a VAT report for a country, for which the report is not available as part of the standard delivery. You can create country specific VAT report as an extension of the generic VAT report or as a copy. You can use the copy feature to create a report when the changes are large.
Caution: Updates to the standard SAP reports may impact the extended reports and the reports could require adaptations at the customer end.
- The new report definition must use existing data sources such as BRF+ functions, data base tables and CDS views. You can only use the data sources that are already available in the system.
- Schema can be created using the XSD files provided by the authorities, CDS view or custom business object which meets the requirement. However, you can only use the fields that are available in the data source (point 1) for mapping.
- You have administrative access to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- You have implementation experience on the SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- You are familiar with the implementation of Advanced Compliance Reporting on SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Implementation of the Extension
The implementation is across the following apps and configuration steps, and these are accessible via the SAP FIORI dashboard.
- Define Compliance Reports app
To create a new report or extend an existing report. As a part of the process to define a compliance report, you can assign manage tax items and tax payable posting activities. These are of relevance for VAT reporting.
- Set up Compliance Reports
To establish a connection between the reporting entity and reporting objects that were set up using the Define Compliance app.
- Create Custom Tiles and set up Generic Business Catalog
To display your country specific tile on the FIORI launchpad, and creating business roles.
- Tax Box Mapping
To maintain the tax box structure, in case you are creating the report for a country that requires mapping of the tax groups.
- Use the configuration step Define Tax Box Structure under Manage your Solution -> Configure Your Solution -> Finance -> Statutory Report -> Tax.
- About Configuring Your Solution
- Run Compliance Reports app
To generate the legal documents as per the country requirements.