Frequently Asked Questions about SAP Conversational AI
What is conversational AI?
Conversational AI is the next wave of customer and employee experience. Deloitte defines it as:
“A programmatic and intelligent (1) way of offering a conversational experience (2) to mimic conversations with real people, through digital and telecommunication technologies (3).”
(1) Informed by rich data sets
(2) Providing customers and employees with informal, engaging experiences that mirror everyday language
(3) Including software, websites, and other services used by people
Applications of conversational AI technology are multiple for businesses. Some examples include:
- Online purchasing
- Workflow approval
- Travel booking
- HR requests
What is SAP Conversational AI?
Users can train, build, test, connect, and monitor intelligent AI-powered chatbots in one unique interface to simplify business tasks and workflows across SAP and non-SAP solutions, and thus improve both employees and customer satisfaction at scale.
You can create your SAP Conversational AI account here.
Where do chatbots deliver business value?
Chatbots have the ability to redirect users to the right content, execute routine tasks 24x7, and answer FAQs. Here are a few examples where they deliver business value:
- Automate customer support by resolving complaints and providing quick answers autonomously
- Provide onboarding and employee self-service and for inventory checks, payroll issues, or leave requests
- Generate leads, guide customers through their buying journey and collect feedback
- Provide medical assistance, collect patient information and schedule appointments
What are the competitive differentiators of SAP Conversational AI? How SAP customers are realizing value with SAP Conversational AI chatbots?
SAP Conversational AI enables both developers and non-developers to build enterprise-ready chatbots capable of delivering strategic business value:
Simplify access to information and deliver personalized human-like conversations at scale, 24x7, from anywhere, on any device, in any language
Enhance user satisfaction by simplifying time-consuming, tedious tasks from processes (HR, IT, procurement…)
Improve overall productivity and scale by focusing staff resources on added-value tasks
SAP Conversational AI provides key capabilities throughout the developer journey:
- Low-code features integrated with SAP Business Technology Platform: Ensure a faster time to market with low-code capabilities like connection to external services, scripting syntax, SAP Single Sign-On, and more. Deploy our chatbots in no time in both SAP and third-party solutions.
- High-performing natural language processing (NLP) technology: Our cloud-based platform runs with a world-class NLP engine capable of building human-like chatbots in almost any language by analyzing text inputs and enriching key training data.
- Easy-to-use UI for both developers and non-developers: Work in large teams and manage your development process easily with enterprise-grade features like versions, environments, and others. Ensure continuous improvement with embedded analytics tools.
- Prebuilt chatbots and native integrations with SAP products: Customize and extend SAP S/4HANA chatbots available for specific business scenarios. Leverage the native conversational UI in SAP SuccessFactors. Don’t start from scratch, save costs and valuable development time.
What kind of companies/customers are using SAP Conversational AI?
What is the difference between the Community Edition and the Enterprise Edition of SAP Conversational AI?
Which languages are supported in SAP Conversational AI?
How SAP Conversational AI can be purchased and what is the pricing?
Deployed in the cloud, SAP Conversational AI is available as software as a service (SaaS) through a monthly subscription, based on the number of unique chats.
A chat is the whole conversation until the inactivity of 15 minutes. Every time a user speaks with the bot (no matter on which channel) it consumes one “chat” (or one “conversation”).