SAP Data Tiering Optimization is an option to optimize the memory footprint of data in SAP BW/4HANA and streamline administration and development, thereby reducing TCO.
Introducing one data tiering concept for hot, warm and cold data based on Advanced DataStore Objects enables users to create full flexible partitions based on the data temperature in SAP BW/4HANA. Find the full presentation here:
Furthermore, find a technical overview presentation of the SAP HANA Extension Nodes here:
To learn about features and functions, watch these videos:
- Build a aDSO and creating partitions for hot, warm and cold data.
- Creating a query based on the aDSO partitions.
- Reload a partition and assign the data to a new temperature level.
- Merge and enhance the partition and distribute the data across the different partitions.
- Create a Semantic Group, define the members and assign the partitions
For general information about the setup , installation and administration read the
Getting started part of the blog.