- ANALYTICS BI Maintenance Strategy SBOP Products - Everything you have always wanted to know about the SAP BI On Premise maintenance strategy.
Other Documents relative to SAP BusinessObjects BI Maintenance
For a complete list of Release Notes and Fixed Issues, please see the release note documents:
- Business Intelligence platform 4.3 Support Package 02 Patches Release Notes
- Business Intelligence platform 4.3 Support Package 01 Patches Release Notes
- Business Intelligence platform 4.3 Support Package 00 Patches Release Notes
- Business Intelligence platform 4.2 Support Package 09 Patches Release Notes
For detailed patches installation instructions, please consult the update guides at the following locations:
BI 4.3 SP1
Check here for the major innovations delivered with BI 4.3 and BI 4.3 SP1:
- Blog post: SAP BI 4.3 / SAP BI 4.3 SP1: What’s New in Web Intelligence and Semantic Layer
- Blog post: SAP BI 4.3: What's New in BI Platform
- Online Guide: What's New Online Guide
Other useful links:
- Business Intelligence Platform Help Portal for BI 4.3 SP1
- Web Intelligence Help Portal for BI 4.3 SP1
- B I 4.3 SP1 Release Restrictions
- Product Availability Matrix for BI 4.3
If you are looking forward to making yourself familiar with the BI 4.3 SP1 capabilities, then SAP CAL allows you to test it for free:
BI 4.2 SP9
BI 4.2 Support Package 9 is the last planned on the 4.2 stack which will receive mainstream support until end of 2022 and priority one support until end of 2024.
We recommend moving to the 4.3 version to benefit from the latest features, up to date platforms, connectivity and security standards.
- Business Intelligence Platform Help Portal for BI 4.2 SP9
- Web Intelligence Help Portal for BI 4.2 SP9
- B I 4.2 SP09 Release Restrictions
- Product Availability Matrix for BI 4.2
- SAP GUI 7.70 (September 2021)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.9 (May 2021)
The End of Life (EOL) for Adobe Flash Player was on January 12th 2021, hence SAP has stopped shipping and supporting the following products starting the releases 4.2 SP09 & 4.3:
- SAP BusinessObjects Explorer - see KBA 2679783 and KBA 2824537
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards - see KBA 2579982 and KBA 2739919
- SAP BusinessObjects BI Widget - see KBA 2729987 and KBA 2837139
See also the complete Products and tools deprecated in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.3.
- SAP Community Q&A - How to ask a question, Using Tags, How to answer a question.
- KBA 2503236 - How to post SAP BI related questions on SAP Community?
- To streamline the processing of requests we highly recommend that you use at least one of the 3 following SAP Managed Tags when you submit a new question on the SAP BusinessObjects BI Community:
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform
- SAP BusinessObjects - Web Intelligence (WebI)
- SAP BusinessObjects - Semantic Layer
- Check out the Community Resource List to get the full list of tags to be used for SAP Analytics.