What's New
Stay informed about the latest in SAP Community. Explore new developments, strategy updates, and program announcements shaping the future of our community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

With the migration to our new home approaching quickly, we wanted to make you aware of changes to community improvement requests and bug reports. 

Since we are weeks away from migration, we won't be accepting any new improvement requests for SAP Community via Customer Influence, and any pending requests for the current platform won't be accepted -- as they wouldn't be applicable for the new platform 

In addition, we won't be fixing any bugs to community.sap.com unless they are preventing important activities, such as answering a question or blogging.  

Post-migration, at some point in early 2024, we'll unveil a new approach dedicated just to improvement requests for SAP Community -- using our new home for ideation! 

To report bugs for the new platform (groups.community.sap.com), please send an email to community@sap.com. Include details about the bug, a link to the page where the bug is occurring, screenshots, and any other information that will help us investigate and fix the problem.  

5 Comments
parttimenerd
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Might I ask whether there are any plans to use an existing ticketing system, like JIRA or the Unified Ticketing System to make it easier to report issues?

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

@parttimenerd: Apologies for the delay in response. I was out of the office last week.

The answer is no, as some of those options would only work internally. As we are a public-facing environment, we will use the tried-and-tested email solution to avoid complexity, as described in my post.

Kind regards,

--Jerry

athreya_sj
Explorer

I appreciate the updated community layout with the group structure. Adapting from the old site is a bit challenging, especially when trying to view the latest tech blogs from both members and SAP. The current "Most Recent" sort isn't quite what I need. I'm looking for a "Recently Published" or "Recently Created" sorting option. Is this available or potentially coming soon?

Best Regards,

Pavan

frankreichenbach
Explorer
0 Kudos

Same issue that Pavan talked about also exists for me.

Sorting by creation date not only for hitlist of a search is what is most required.

There are just too many people commenting on blogs that are several years old. Seeing those blogs in the group section in the sorted list makes no sense to me. Often people misuse the blogs to ask questions.

Frank

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @athreya_sj and @frankreichenbach:

I'm afraid that I'm unaware of any option for sorting by recently published. I personally use notifications (and tag subscriptions) to get updates about the latest blog posts that are published. That might be something to consider (if you've not tried that approach already).

Beyond that, we are capturing feedback and questions, so I'll make sure to add yours -- and you're not the only members requesting the ability to sort by recently published.

Kind regards,

--Jerry