Welcome Corner Blog Posts
Go a little bit deeper into the Welcome Corner with blog posts. Learn how to get started in SAP Community and get tips on maximizing your participation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member28818
Contributor

***This mission has ended***

SAP Community Beta is now open to all the community members! We strongly encourage you to explore all the features and functionalities of the new platform, and request that you report any bugs or issues. To learn how to submit feedback, read SCN Beta Feedback Process.

To encourage testing in SAP Community Beta, the SCN Gamification Core team is happy to announce a new mission. You can earn the badge shown here and gain 5 points.

Complete Sequentially:

1. Read and bookmark this blog
  2. Explore SAP Community Beta
  3. Complete any of the SAP Community Beta Missions
  4. Take screenshot from your Beta Universal Profile or Notifications AFTER the badges from your completed SAP Community Beta Missions are visible
  5. Share your experiences and submit your screenshot as comments here (please post at the end) - only valuable contributions count!
  6. If you find any bugs or issues, report them by starting a discussion in the SCN Open Beta space

Screenshot Instructions:

Please note: There may be a delay before the Beta Mission badges show up on your Universal Profile once you complete a Beta mission. Please be patient with the beta site. Also, kindly allow a few days for the SAP Community Beta Tester badge to show up on your current SCN profile as this is not be an automatic mission.

More Information: To learn more about the exciting changes that the SCN Reputation Program is going through as we transition into the new community, read Caroleigh Deneen's Reputation Program Reloaded and A Glimpse Ahead: New Community, New Missions.

Video Instructions: Tip in a Minute: How to Earn the SAP Community Beta Tester Badge

Happy Testing!

SCN Gamification Core Team

592 Comments
tichaona_gaza
Participant
0 Kudos

Very cool UI. However none of my content and reputation are showing...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reputation updated! Submitted 2 bug posts and a feedback to SCN Open Beta page.

BUG: Navigating to Profile by clicking on name

BUG: Text in a Comment Box on a Blog

gustavo_gil
Participant
0 Kudos

Its very cool the new site, and universal profile... Here mi fisrt badge on beta community!! 😄

ankurch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deneen,

thanks for replying,...

ankurch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

New Mission Available in SAP Beta community are quite intresting,...

Thanks For creating such a interesting and nice community network,..

hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Raised question about Notifications

Screenshot (completed missions counter does not work properly, I should have another badge already):

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like the design, but I think there are a lot of unused space.

I had to log out and log back again, in order to see my badge in the Reputation section of my profile, and although I marked it as read previously, it appeared as notification after the new login procedure.

Also I wrote a blog post and it is not published yet. In order to review it, or modify it, I need to go to write a new post, then select all posts to see it. I do not find it user-friendly and took some time to figure out how to check it again.

The search bar does not work.

Dominik_Meier
Participant
0 Kudos

The design is nice but I don't really like the navigation. Just as with the old SCN I find it difficult to get where I want to go.

For instance this blog area seems like some kind of central component to me, but from there, how do I navigate to the activity steam in a quick way?

The image above implies it should be just "one step back to community" and then "one step forward into activity steam" as we all have been trained in the Windows Explorer. But then by clicking "Community" I and up somewhere completely different on a landing page which doesn't even implement the same design principles and (although quite organized) seems completely overloaded in contrast to the simple design of the blog area.

I also find the term "Blogs" a bit confusing. To my understanding a blog is a space where blog posts by an author (or author team) are collected regarding a certain topic. These posts then can be commented. The blogs section in the new community seems to be displaying just random blog posts instead of actual blogs to choose from.

What I really do like is the gamification approach. This offers great possibilities in connection with online training courses and the like.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if it's just my internet here, but the beta community feels like it's slower to load than the production community.

seVladimirs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PMarti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like the new design. Navigation is very fast!

The UI for the personal settings should be the same, unfortunately they are different (see screenshots)

former_member28818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello dubakunta.krishna and tichaona.gaza I am afraid the snapshots you submitted are incorrect. Please read the rules carefully. Your snapshot has to prove that you completed at least one SAP Community Beta Mission.

former_member28818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hendrik. I have uploaded the manual requirement for your mission completion. However, you will need to bookmark this blog to earn it. Thanks for your feedback and participation!

RazK
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

My feedback

- The look & feel is modern, updated. That's nice.

- The dropdown of the "settings" is different between the "Account Settings" and other pages, e.g. "Activity Stream", "Ask a Question", ...

- After getting the notification on the new badge, I went to the "Community > Overview" and saw a notification on the "settings" icon. I clicked and saw that its a notification on teh new badge, clicked the notifications and it was removed. Then when I went to the "Community > Overview" page again the notification re-appeared while it shouldn't have as I already cleared it.

- I find it hard to find members. Is it possible at all?

Former Member
0 Kudos

GFV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Still no badge :sad:

former_member28818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hendrik. I see that you have gotten your badge already. Or did you mean something else besides the SAP Community Beta Tester badge?

former_member28818
Contributor
0 Kudos

waldemar.bergenand  gianfranco.valleseI am afraid the snapshots you submitted are incorrect. Please read the rules carefully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like share knowledge

I would like to see different type business one clearly.

for example

on - premise business one

hana business one

cloud business one

etc.

when I view the type, then I can log or view the exact information.

former_member191075
Active Participant
0 Kudos

former_member191075
Active Participant
0 Kudos

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

I like the profile, but wish I could manipulate the photo more.

Also looking forward to more SSO throughout the beta site.

hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Everything fine now, thank you Sajid.

gabriel_brage
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues

I could not find any bugs so far. The new UI looks very beautiful and easy to use. I also noticed a slightly improvement to access the forum topics. Please let me know when my badge is available

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it not valuable?

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I dont have any badge on my universal profile.. Dont even see any reputation area. But the badge was earned as seen in the notifications tab.

I like the new beta space as it is way more responsive than the old. However there is some things I would like to change. The comment button should not be in the bottom after all other comments. It should be right after the actual blog post. (This has been reported in the beta space)

Furthermore I find the welcome screen of the new SCN rather confusing. The big image at the top of the screen doesnt help the ones that use the space regularly (even though it might look fancy). I would also like that the recent blogs and comments where based on my preferred areas. (I dont want to see 5 new blogs of the SD area, if I am BW developer)

Just some pointers

Cheers,

Chris

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi sajid.amir2

Hope to get this badge now :grin:

Regards,

Nagesh

juan_dearellano
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Something wrong

juan_dearellano
Participant
0 Kudos

former_member28818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello edmund.leung.cmamolrnikamjuan.dearellano

I am afraid the snapshots you submitted are incorrect. Please read the rules carefully!

pavelduchac
Participant
0 Kudos

The Good:

• UX
  • Chats / Messaging

The Bad:

• SSO playing tricks with me signing me out and back in a few times
  • Paste doesn't function properly in questions/answers
  • After inserting code in a question I can't add any further text or click outside the code box

The Ugly:

• SAP Logo not positioned correctly
  • Profile photo not converted automatically from SCN profile
  • Notifications should be set as read automatically, once displayed - I wouldn't force user to do it manually

(I am using MS Edge)

yang_bai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Things I like:

• Social Network URL Mapping.
  • The characters are displayed bigger.
  • The new UI is simple and nice.
  • The Chat button in the page

Things I want to see:

• Every content can be posted firstly without waiting for moderator's approval.
  • All the article titles can be seen in single screen in user profile.
  • The button to create question/blogs etc are more easily to be found.
  • The picture in the profile of original Community can be adopted to the Community Beta.
Former Member
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Nice post :smile:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice look and feel - blogs are good.

Might consider linking profiles with LinkedIn or Xing?

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

While adding this snapshot I was thinking that it would be nice if you could just copy (print screen) and paste images on your comments.

It would certainly make it a lot quicker/easier to enrich your messages with images without having to save them first on your computer.

Not sure if that is even possible though.

douglas_rohmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Things I like:

- Very user-friendly knowledge sharing platform;

PeterMonaghan
Participant
0 Kudos

Trying this again...

What I Like:

1. The new concise layout

2. Accessibility to the information. Doesn't seem to be so deeply layered behind links

Areas of Improvement:

1. The "bread trail" doesn't appear to work in my Chrome browser. I click the 'Back' button and it takes to me the Home screen when I am in the Forum.

2. Finding Spaces/Subspaces - How do I open just one Space? Example: the C4C space.

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

Please find below the snapshot of my profile

Thanks,

Syam

former_member28818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello douglas.rohmann and syambabu.allu

I am afraid the snapshots you submitted are not correct. Please read the rules carefully!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Dirk. How can you go that page?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the link to that page is given in this blog, read it again

juan_dearellano
Participant
0 Kudos

SanderVdl
Explorer
0 Kudos

I like the new UI but I have trouble finding things via the menu.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sajid.amir4,

thanks for your evaluation. Other question: How can I unsubscribe from this blog entry? I pressed aleady the "Remove" Button at the bookmark icon but still get the comments.

BR Waldemar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Click the "Stop tracking" right on top to this blog in the communication stream or on the top right in the Action box if you opened the blog in a separate window