Welcome Corner Blog Posts
Go a little bit deeper into the Welcome Corner with blog posts. Learn how to get started in SAP Community and get tips on maximizing your participation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since the most recent SCN Topic Leader contest came to a close on July 31, the SCN team has been enthusiastically working in the background to bring you the list of winners. For those of you who are new to the community: the SCN Topic Leader contest is a way of highlighting the most active experts in certain topics in the community.

To find out more about the 2014-2015 contest and its rules, check out this blog post by caroleigh.deneen: Updates to SCN Topic Leader Contest | SCN.

As Caroleigh explains in that post, the first criterion for winner selection is that you be one of the top three members in a topic space in terms of points earned in that space during the 12 months of the contest period (in this case, August 1, 2014 through July 31, 2015).

Like last year, we included a point threshold as one of the criteria as well: this year the threshold is 480 points. And as was the case in the past, we applied this criterion to select active and meaningful areas of expertise—certain areas such as Getting Started or Events are not included.

It’s All About Recognition

What do the winners of this contest earn? Topic Leaders will receive an Acknowledgement of Achievement per e-mail (please be patient, it will still take some time to get those out). And of course, there will be a nice badge to post in your Me-in-3 selection on SCN!

If you are listed below as a Topic Leader, and you will be coming to SAP TechEd in Las Vegas or Barcelona (this year’s remaining venues), we would like to hear about it, as we plan to give you the opportunity to meet some folks like SAP Mentors there. Note that, unfortunately, we cannot give Topic Leaders a free pass to SAP TechEd. (We have not done that in the past either.)

A Final Word Before We Get to the List

A lot of hard work goes on in the background to prepare this list, and I want to give a shout-out to a few folks who deserve it here. Bunchball and SAP IT had a hand in providing us with the report we needed to start with, and caroleigh.deneen and sajid.amir2 were instrumental in moving the vetting process along. All of this under the unwavering support and guidance of jeanne.carboni.

And of course, we could not have finalized the list without the SCN Moderators and Space Editors, who gave their time to help review it.

Thank you to all of you, and to other SAP employees who work unwaveringly to support this community. We could not run it without you!

And now… Join me (and bill.mcdermott)  in congratulating our winners, the 2014-2015 SCN Topic Leaders! 

The List

ABAP Development

raymond.giuseppi/avatar/35.png gabor.cseh

131 Comments
ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Congratulation to allll... :smile:

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Congrats to all topic leaders. congrats to kr.ch . Thanks for your continuous efforts in the BW section. Congrats to yasemin.kilinc and striker_wbb

former_member185054
Active Participant
0 Kudos

congratulations to all....you deserve it....

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you umashankar.poojar and gajesh.nagesh..

Congratz too Gajesh.. :wink:

Also, CONGRATZ to all TOPIC LEADERS! :smile:

Loed

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for SAP SCN to announce as a Topic leader in Financial Accounting, asset accounting & controlling for 2014-15 and congratulations to all topic leaders to contribute their knowledge & experience.

Mukthar Ali N

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Gajesh and congrats to you also.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ervin!

Really a pleasure to return from vacation and find my name in this list... twice :grin:

Cheers and congrats to all the other contributors and SCN activists!

Lars

former_member197132
Participant
0 Kudos

Congratulations to all leaders....

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Congratulations! Quite surprised tammy.powlas didn't win in more categories. :razz:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congratulations to eduardo.chagas karen.rodrigues...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I am in this time in SAP ERP HCM Employee Self-Service Space ...thank you .... Congrats to siddharth.rajora

Karen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Jeferson!!! :smile:

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some spaces have been forgotten? :???:

RESTful Web Services SDK

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this space doesn't come under the selection criteria.

Minimum 480 points and period Aug 2014 to July 2015.

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Dibyendu, that might be a reason but I'm not sure how it is possible to check that.

It seems the current space leader, Daniel Paulsen, reaches 490 points in the last 12 month on his own. :smile:

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Today you can see the calculation for the period 1st Oct 2014 to 30th Sept 2015. We can't see/check the back calculation.

Lets call caroleigh.deneen to investigate more on this.

caroleighdeneen
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will look into it and let you know what I find.

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hope if we can include or give space for smaller communities also which doesnt come above the 480 points mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congratulations sammar81

Keep up the good work :smile:

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

It has come to our attention that the RESTful Web Services SDK space was mistakenly left off the Topic Leader list. The point report provided to identify the winners left out a space. :sad: We have now examined the leaders for the contest period in that space, and it turns out that we have a winner there (he is in the top 3 and meets the point threshold)! :grin:

So, without ado, let me extend our congratulations to this new Topic Leader: daniel.paulsen! I have added Daniel to the Topic Leader list above, as well.

I want to apologize to Daniel and to the community, on behalf of our team, for not catching this report mistake sooner. Once we received word that another Topic Leader may have been missed, our team conducted a full audit of the point report provided. While we did find some other spaces that had been left off of the report as well, none of them had members who met the point threshold for the contest. We feel confident that no other deserving winners have been erroneously passed over. We are now investigating the cause of the omission, in order to avoid similar issues in the future.

Regards,

Audrey

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Congratulations to all the topic leaders :smile:

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ravi kumar

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks

VinayPrasad_PM
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Congratulations Gurus..

saurabh_raheja
Participant
0 Kudos

Congratulations :smile:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congratulations to all ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congratulations to all topic leaders ,well deserved!!! :smile:

gerardo_mendez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your recognition. I feel excited by your mention.

Congratulations Topic Leaders!

lyndaobie
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Congratulations everyone