As SAP Community Network has become THE social network for SAP professionals, its blog area has become the desired destination for blogs authored by many NEW bloggers – including many solution and product marketers, partners and consultants. The best approach to blogging on SCN combines expert knowledge AND observations, opinions and experiences. There’s no formula – its blend of art and science.
I am asked daily what the ingredients of a good blog are – from newbies looking for advice. I’ve been a part of this community for four years now, so I have seen what works and doesn’t’ in our blogging universe. Below, I share my four tips and selected blogs that are effective for one of those four reasons. Hope this helps!
My four tips:
1. Set the right tone
2. Talk about your topic and not your product
3. Add media, diagrams, videos, images to make it resource rich and engaging
4. Be provocative in title and tone; present a challenge, end with a call to action
1. Set the right tone: It’s always important to write in your own voice, for sure, but there is a tone that works best for our community. Adjectives that come to mind:
· Informative, educational, resource-rich
· Friendly, helpful, personal with a pay-it-forward attitude
Those are some of our top picks and the blogs I would show to inquisitive newbie bloggers. In addition I would suggest every newbie read all the great things my colleague Jeanne Carboni shared in her recent blog Build Better Blogs.