Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow deadline monitoring - With workitem opened and closed

former_member32001
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How do I achieve the following in workflow deadline monitoring.

I have implimented a modeled deadline for one of the approval step with time limit 3 days. If the deadline is reached I am logically deleting the workitem from the approvers inbox and forwarding it to the next superior. This works fine.

After 2 days what if the approver has actually opened the workitem but has not performed any action and just closes the workitem to perform action later. But after the third day the workitem gets deleted from his inbox because of the 3 days limit.

How do I handle this situation wherein if a workitem is opened and closed after 2 days then my deadline should again actually start from this point of opening and closing the workitem ie after 2 days add another 3days.

I want as, only if no absolutely no activity on the workitem for 3days then forward it.

Regards,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SH,

what difference does it make even if he opens the workitem on the 2nd day but doesnt complete it on the 3rd day. The deadline is anyway missed, so I feel the current situation is perfect, you would increase complications if you try to provide a solution for your issue.

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

You may want to try this work around:

1. Create a background method to check work item status (should be other than 'ready' status) from table SWWIHEAD to see whether the work item has been 'touched' before. If there is status change in status, you can get the change date and time from table SWWLOGHIST. Over here you can add in your logic like checking whether it's already pass 3 days since the status change, and return 'X' if it's for example.

2. Create a task with the above mentioned method, and place this step after the the 1st approver step (the step where you put the deadline monitoring)

3. Create a condition step after this task which check for the method return parameter from the previous step (obviously you need to populate this return value into your workflow container elemet), if it's 'X', then proceed to the 2nd approver step. If the return value is space, then create a loop step that loops back to the 1st approver step. As such the work item is re-created again.

So, in reality the work item which deadline is monitored will still be 'deleted' after 3 days, but if it's going to be recreated again if it has not passed the real 3 days (from the time user 'touch' the work item).

Regards,

Lim...

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think this can be done. If someone cancels out of a workitem, then it's as if they never touched it.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u r using deadline based on workitem creation time , then u can resubmit such a closed workitem to 2 or 3 days based of ur requirement. By this process the workitem creation time is changed to +2 days. This deadline escalation time will be recalculated based on the new creation time of workitem.This u can visualise it in table SWWWIHEAD and SWWWIDEADL after resubmittion. Now the workitem will be escalated based on the new calculated time .

Regards,

Sivakaran.

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this [Article1|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/303617cf-73dd-2a10-c993-cc6303585176] [Article2|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/fQDDAw].

Regards,

Surjith