cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbook variable issue

0 Kudos
60

Hi experts,

I have a rare issue with a variable. I use the same variable in two queries, and I get the correct value in both cases (the same values) for the value list, but when I insert the two queries as dataproviders of a workbook, when I'm going to see the value list, I got a huge list with values that aren't correct in many cases.

Any idea?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

1)Make sure in the each analysis grid two separate data providers are assigned (that is Data_Provider1 and DP_2) for two queries.

2)Go to design mode,Click workbook setting , go to variable tab and make sure "Process variable on refresh is checked"

If still the issue persists can you please let me know the issue in detail.

Rgds

Pradeep

0 Kudos

Hi pradeepz,

I have checked this but the issue persists.

0 Kudos

Hello Javier Pérez,

Please, check if the all variables are going (transfer) to a workbook exactly as the query. Check if this operation is working fine.

Also, you can upgrade your frontend to the latest version.

Thanks,

Diego Ferrary

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Open the affected workbook. On "Workbook Settings", go to "Variables" TAB and uncheck the option

"Display Duplicate Variables only Once".

After that save and test again.

The variable will appear for each DP. The values should come correctly now.

Thanks

Edward John

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the latest version of GUI.

I have unchecked "Display Duplicate Variables only Once" and the values are correct for each DP, but this isn't that I want because I want an unique variable prompt.

Thanks and regards,

Javi

0 Kudos

Hello Javier,

First, please try clearing temporary tables using report SAP_DROP_TMPTABLES as per Notes 698280 and 1139396. We would usually recommend running this report once per month. It should help you with the performance and report generate.

Second, test the issue at the RSRT and try to regenerate the query at the RSRT. Test the issue again.

Thanks,

Diego Ferrary

0 Kudos

Thanks Diego,

I have tried this, but the problem persists.