cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why bother with BSP???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Howdy,

I'm an ABAP programmer and I can't understand what is the benefit of creating BSP pages?

Aren't they just a way of displaying a report in a web-browser, rahter than in SAP? If so, what is the big deal with that?

Why should our company use BSPs is probably the question that I am trying to ask and is there much f a future for it? For unlike JAVA or ABAP, BSPs are not core SAP technology, are they???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig - That looks really useful

Sorry I can't give any points - should have posted the message as a question...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not a problem, and I think you'll see after reading through those weblogs some good reasons to invest some time in BSP, Web ABAP Dynpro and even Java Dynpro.

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

the main advantage of BSP to other web script languages is the possibility to use the BSP extensions. They make web applications so much easier to develop, maintain, design, you name it ...

Also when using the MVC structure, you get a lot of additional benefits, like data binding for your model data ...

Just browse through all the information availabe here, and if you're not convinced, then just try building a sample application with and without BSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a topic that's come up quite often.

I would suggest you read this forum thread and all the attached links to weblogs.

BSP's are ABAP and HTML mixed together and they are a lot more than just displaying a report. You'll see several great examples in the link mentioned above.