cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is difference between ETL capability of native BW and Data Services?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a customer with SAP BW installed, can any one provide additional benefits of using Business Objects Data Services for ETL in a heterogenious Enterprise Datawarehouse environment with SAP & non-SAP systems.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188011
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamaraj:

Take a look at this thread: "SAP BW x SAP BO Data Services"

Regards,

Francisco Milán.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco.

Thank you for your response. The links you provided did not answer my question. They were referring to ability of fotrhcoming BW 7.3 to link to data services. and Data Quality feature of Data services.

I am aware that Data Services = Data Integrator + Data Quality. I was looking for limitations or comparisons between ETL capabilities of BW and Data Integrator (Not Data Quality).

Regards.

Kamaraj

former_member189153
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many ETL feature like data type conversion, restriction, function, join, validation and etc. are available in data service. This will help to avoid unwanted data loaded into BW also can load only required data with proper format.

Additionally, using BODS we can able to load data into BW and distribute from BW to other supported source system.  Data service tightly integrated with BW which will help to monitor and schedule jobs directly from BODS.

Regards,

M Ramesh