Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebI Rich Client (BI4) - Import documents from CMS

nreg
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we ve currently migrated to BI 4 (incl Patch 17).

Now I have a problem with the WebI Rich Client (also Patch 17), where I keep searching the possibility to import the documents from the CMS.

The User Guide says it should be possible in connected mode, but whatever I try it is only possible to import universes, but no documents (wid).

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks in advance & kind regards,

nico.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once connected (see bottom right), if the case logon to the Enterprise then goto File - Open from , there you can open the folders in the enterprise and import the wid documents

nreg
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

thank you for the answer. But this can only be done for one wid at a time. There are about 400 wid in the CMS and I assumed there would be a batch import possiblity (as there was in BO 3.1), where you can specify the destination folder and then import all the files with only a few clicks..

kind regards,

nico.

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The GUI is a little bit different and probably better, you can directly open multiple documents from the same folder

just select multiple docs and then click on open, it will take more than usual but you will have them all open after a while, in the meantime you can have a coffee break

Please let me know if this is what you needed or not..

Thanks

Simone

nreg
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

yes, this works, but it's very time-consuming, as you have to save one by one.

Nevertheless it works!

Thank you very much.

kind regards,

nico.

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

you can go to https://ideas.sap.com and submit an enhancement for saving in batches although I never seen anybody needing this feature yet

thanks!

Simone